• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Banks power gets over 500 lb of torque from the EcoDiesel

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I'm so on the fence about these tunes. The drivability and fun factor would no doubt increase, along with useful functions like EGR delete and the engine braking capability. MPG increases, power increases, etc etc. All great attributes of an aftermarket tune that are so appealing.

But when all said and done, no matter how you slice it, the OEM specs have been changed and the warranty had been compromised.

I just don't know if I want the hassle of trying to cover my tracks should something go wrong in the first 100k miles of ownership. Anybody else struggle with that?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm so on the fence about these tunes. The drivability and fun factor would no doubt increase, along with useful functions like EGR delete and the engine braking capability. MPG increases, power increases, etc etc. All great attributes of an aftermarket tune that are so appealing.

But when all said and done, no matter how you slice it, the OEM specs have been changed and the warranty had been compromised.

I just don't know if I want the hassle of trying to cover my tracks should something go wrong in the first 100k miles of ownership. Anybody else struggle with that?

Of course.. That's why I don't have one! :D

But, eventually I'll give in, but it will be for the deletes along with the increase in power. If I'm going to void my warranty, I want to make it worth it.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year

I feel the same way...it would be money well spent until something happens....which for these motors has not been terribly uncommon...I just can't see a little fun over the price of possibly having to pay for an engine or even a cooler job...I like my warranty way too much for any of that.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Plus being in california I have to smog it every two years so no deletes or anything for me....

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Tried banks on ford f250 system didn't do anything but cost me $$$ would never buy there products again.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Banks is probably a little more conservative on their tunes etc. But I have faith they put a solid product. It may not give you the highest power etc. But they do a lot more R&D than most companies to what they put out and how it will affect the longevity of your powertrain.