• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Before / After VB1-V08 Recalls - 2016 ED

MountainED

Jul 24, 2020
Truck Year
I've been avoiding the V08 EPA and CARB Approved Emissions Modification safey recall for as long as possible. Now the new recall, VB1 Diesel EGR Cooler, is out and the dealer says I have to have the V08 done first, then the VB1 done and lastly another update that will fix the V08 issues. Well, I'm not entirely convinced the issues are fixed. I've read that there are still some owners with reduced MPG and some still have the loss of power. So, I'm wanting to monitor/record for 30 days the engine performance before and after the recalls to have evidence either way if all is good or if there are issues. Having said all that, I purchased a Bafx BAFX3127 off Amazon and downloaded and installed Torque Pro. Had a test run this morning and all seems to be working but I want to make sure I am monitoring/recording the correct readings. As of now, I'm recording: DEFPres, MPG(Avg) & Instant, Load, Torque, RPM, CO2 instant, CO2 Average. So my questions are, as I'm new to this.

1. Am I using the right OBD2 for the ED3.0 engine?
2. Is there a better app to use, that won't break the bank, for monitoring/recording?
3. Are there any other readings I need to be monitoring?

Sorry for such a long post. I hope to hear from you all soon...Thanks.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome
I haven't used torque myself, but sounds like it can work to monitor important things. I would say find the temp reading for the dpf so that you know when it doing a regen. That way you can maybe make sure you don't shut it down depending on your driving use. For myself I don't always have long trips, so if a regen starts when I'm 8 min from home and it takes 10 to 15 min to cycle, I'll shift down to maintain 1500 rpm going in the long driveway and park and maintain those rpm for a few more minutes till it completes. You have 30sec to stop and change direction and park and still stay in regen if you do that.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
And the other thing was, it depends how good you trust your dealer about doing what they say they will! I was in for the egr recall and was very clear that I only want the egr and tailgate recalls completed, and the SM seamed to understand and as far as I can tell that's what they did

MountainED

Jul 24, 2020
Truck Year
And the other thing was, it depends how good you trust your dealer about doing what they say they will! I was in for the egr recall and was very clear that I only want the egr and tailgate recalls completed, and the SM seamed to understand and as far as I can tell that's what they did
That's interesting to hear that. The SM I talked to said that the EGR recall required the EPA recall to be done or it wouldn't work. I'll call other dealers and see what they say.

Ecopete

Dec 27, 2019
Truck Year
Sounds typical, but most of them are just doing as they've likely been told to. But here in Canada we have absolutely no reason to comply to their bidding. No warranty, no money, no lube

MountainED

Jul 24, 2020
Truck Year
Sounds typical, but most of them are just doing as they've likely been told to. But here in Canada we have absolutely no reason to comply to their bidding. No warranty, no money, no lube
That doesn't seem right but I wouldn't expect anything than No-Customer Service from them. With all that I'm trying to do for proof, I don't think they would do anything for me even if I have evidence that the "new" update and then the "fix" for the "new" update proves to remedy any of the issues Pre-VB1-V08 recalls.

MountainED

Jul 24, 2020
Truck Year
So I think I have figured out what sensors I'll be recording beyond the obvious RPM and MPG but I still have to find a custom PID to monitor HP which will replace the second MPG gauge at the top right of screen, so that search will continue. See the pic below of what my screen looks like.

1595769220740.png

I looked on several forms, including this one, and found customer PID's that I needed because Torque Pro's built in ones weren't working for my truck or at least not the ones I needed to be monitoring/recording. See below the custom PID's I found and loaded in TP.

1595769677004.png

I"ll post progress in the up coming days.