• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

best solution for Turbo Lag

NorthplainsDad

Aug 20, 2021
Truck Year
Recently had the settlement work completed on my 2015 Ram Eco Diesel. Loved the truck prior to this work being completed. My truck now dangerous to drive..... zero to 60 in about 10 minutes. Service advisor recommended that I not have work completed , but I forged ahead. Regretting my decision.

Considering " tune" products by HD diesel from Canada as well as green diesel engineering and Sofa KIng . Any experience with these products appreciated. Not much of a monkey wrench, but I have at least moderate computer skills.

How hard are they to install ? Input appreciated.

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum! There is a lot to read on here but your best bet is get a tune for sure. There are some less expensive options too if that is really all you're after. Enjoy!

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Recently had the settlement work completed on my 2015 Ram Eco Diesel. Loved the truck prior to this work being completed. My truck now dangerous to drive..... zero to 60 in about 10 minutes. Service advisor recommended that I not have work completed , but I forged ahead. Regretting my decision.

Considering " tune" products by HD diesel from Canada as well as green diesel engineering and Sofa KIng . Any experience with these products appreciated. Not much of a monkey wrench, but I have at least moderate computer skills.

How hard are they to install ? Input appreciated.
None require any real expertise to install, any one with basic mechanical ability can do it. I would say if you can change your own oil and follow directions you are good.

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
It depends on what you're really after. EcodieselOwnersCanada using MRTuning, SofaKing, and I believe HDDiesel are all handheld units. You copy your stock file and email it to them; they make the adjustments (tuning) and email the file back to you. You load the tune onto the handheld unit and upload to the truck. GDE does a full ECU swap I believe (not 100% sure on this). I run an EOC tune with MRTuning and that have been awesome for customer service. They actually have a sale coming up on their handheld and stage 1 tuning software.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
GDE does a full ECU swap I believe (not 100% sure on this).

GDE is a file swap via hand held tuner also. They no longer do an ECU swap

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
A cheaper stop-gap until you get a tune is a pedal commander or similar device. I have one on my 18 and it does a pretty good job of minimizing the lag. It's still there, but for a couple hundo it was a good fix. My truck goes in today for the EGR recall and after that's all finished up and I'm confident in their fix (no codes thrown for a while) I'll be getting either MRTune or an EcoDieselUSA tune.

Hapahaole

Aug 7, 2021
Truck Year
A cheaper stop-gap until you get a tune is a pedal commander or similar device. I have one on my 18 and it does a pretty good job of minimizing the lag. It's still there, but for a couple hundo it was a good fix. My truck goes in today for the EGR recall and after that's all finished up and I'm confident in their fix (no codes thrown for a while) I'll be getting either MRTune or an EcoDieselUSA tune.
MRTuning is a great option! I have their stage 1 tune with trans and it is great. Looking to delete in the near future and just be a diesel truck.