• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best Wax you have used?

ZMan079

Aug 10, 2015
Truck Year
I like Maguire's (sp) , Turtle wax emerald (don't think you can get anymore)...
Anymore I either use Mothers California Gold, but as I have less time to keep thinks pretty, I use Eagle One Wax as you Dry. Although I don't use as they suggest, I spray on soft cotton rag (T-Shirt), and then wipe on and then buff off....

ZMan079

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
I have stepped away from waxes. Let me explain... First let me say that if you want that deep glow & luster, nothing beats a wax with carnuba in it. On the other hand it doesn't make a great sealer - At least for me anyways. Both my vehicles are outside and not under a car porch or anything, so they get hammered by the elements. Also with an active household, I don't have the opportunity to wax my cars several times a year. So, I looked into sealants instead. It goes on like a wax but last a lot longer. I can go almost a year before having to add another coat. Best analogy I can use is that you can use orange oil or pledge to get that luster on wood furniture, but you have to do it often, or you can put a polyurethane coat on it.
Here's the product link: http://www.chemicalguys.com/M_Seal_Paint_Sealant_16_oz_p/wac_113_16.htm
These guys have a lot of info for all things detailing.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I have stepped away from waxes. Let me explain... First let me say that if you want that deep glow & luster, nothing beats a wax with carnuba in it. On the other hand it doesn't make a great sealer - At least for me anyways. Both my vehicles are outside and not under a car porch or anything, so they get hammered by the elements. Also with an active household, I don't have the opportunity to wax my cars several times a year. So, I looked into sealants instead. It goes on like a wax but last a lot longer. I can go almost a year before having to add another coat. Best analogy I can use is that you can use orange oil or pledge to get that luster on wood furniture, but you have to do it often, or you can put a polyurethane coat on it.
Here's the product link: http://www.chemicalguys.com/M_Seal_Paint_Sealant_16_oz_p/wac_113_16.htm

Agreed. Good post!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year

Any special steps to do before you use that stuff? Or is it just a clean er up real nice & apply? Enticing product as I lack the time/motivation to wax more then once a millennium.....

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
On my last truck I bought the dual action polisher, compound, etc.. and the kit had a paint sealer with it. I liked it, but it didn't seem to last long for me. I think it was an application problem.. possibly I didn't put it on thick enough.. either way I was new to the process and it probably was a user error. I need to do it again on my truck.

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
This is not a kit or do it yourself they do something like 5 step procedure I do it once not ever do it again but $$$

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
Any special steps to do before you use that stuff? Or is it just a clean er up real nice & apply? Enticing product as I lack the time/motivation to wax more then once a millennium.....
No special steps. Also since our trucks are relatively new, there really isn't any oxidation yet so the sealant will take well to the clear coat. Just follow the directions... Won't last a millennium, but getting a year out of a treatment is pretty darn good.