• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best wax??

EOC

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
What is the best wax ?? I'm assuming the Walmart stuff isn't all that great right?
I use meguires, car and wax, then use the NXT from meguires. I put two to three Coates on and it will last the season. Usually by the time I am done placing it on the truck, I can start removing it. Seems to keep the color and allow the specs to be seen longer even when dirty, or least for a time.

Goatmann

Sep 19, 2016
Truck Year
Liquid or gel wax:
Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0
Nu Finish
Meguiar's Gold Class Carnauba Plus car wax

Paste wax
Nu Finish
Turtle Wax Ice
Mothers FX Synwax car wax

I have used the Tech wax 2.0 and it is easy to apply and remove. awesome results!
Nu Finish is very good also.

I am using Zymbol right now, and reallylike the results, but it is a bear to get completely off.

all of the products listed are available at your local Walmart.

Goatmann

StevenB

Mar 30, 2016
Truck Year
You guys need to do yourself (and your truck) a favor and check out Griots Garage products - www.GriotsGarage.com

I pick the stuff up at my local AutoZone, O'Rileys, Napa, etc.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
You guys need to do yourself (and your truck) a favor and check out Griots Garage products - www.GriotsGarage.com

I pick the stuff up at my local AutoZone, O'Rileys, Napa, etc.

I've heard great things about these guys as well.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
Chemical Guys makes some pretty cool stuff and everything I've used seems to do a fantastic job, easy to apply and more importantly comes off very nicely too.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Chemical Guys makes some pretty cool stuff and everything I've used seems to do a fantastic job, easy to apply and more importantly comes off very nicely too.

I use the "Mr.Pink" soap in my foam cannon. Great stuff! and it smells great to :D

K2s-EcoD

Nov 5, 2016
Truck Year
Hey everyone new around here as I just bought my first truck/ ecodiesel. Just wanted to give my 2cents. I also like the chemical guys stuff, been using it for years. My friend is a professional detailer so i know you get what you pay for. Grab some 50/50 from chemical guys. Its about 35-45 bucks does a really nice job, but on a budget even there butter wet wax will out shine anything you can get from Walmart or Autozone. I keep hearing shine supply I may have to look into trying some of there stuff.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hey everyone new around here as I just bought my first truck/ ecodiesel. Just wanted to give my 2cents. I also like the chemical guys stuff, been using it for years. My friend is a professional detailer so i know you get what you pay for. Grab some 50/50 from chemical guys. Its about 35-45 bucks does a really nice job, but on a budget even there butter wet wax will out shine anything you can get from Walmart or Autozone. I keep hearing shine supply I may have to look into trying some of there stuff.

Welcome to the site !