• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best year

tbone

Nov 17, 2022
I am looking at a 2015 eco and was wondering what is the best year for that engine and I pull a 32' travel trailer weighs 7900 dry but I am really liking the eco mpg well thank you in advance for all the info. Plus if I tune or delete wil that help in towing

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Well I am kinda partial to the 2015! (I think the White ones make the most HP and Torque) :)
That said, you are at the upper limits or over with that size travel trailer for sure.

tbone

Nov 17, 2022
The white ones lol yes that's what I thinking on the camper

Stephen33

Oct 6, 2022
Truck Year
If you cannot get the 2500 or 3500 with a Cummins Diesel, skip the EcoDiesel altogether and save yourself headaches.

tbone

Nov 17, 2022
That's what I am thinking but thought I would ask I was on a FB group and they said the same well thanks for the info

Kevin Gulbrandson

Dec 15, 2017
Truck Year
I have a 2015.it was Great till the new emissions flash was done. I swapped the ECU and it is much better. I have a 28ft trailer I pull with no problem ir you get it put load bags in the back.

tbone

Nov 17, 2022
Those bags are a must on all 1500 rams and thank you for the info

Joe1

Aug 5, 2021
I have a 2016 eco diesel I pull over 8’000 lbs had know trouble but keeping it under 70 mph was tough going up hills coming down hills I found out my had I exhaust break in it they usually don’t come with them. But it was great. It hold coming down hills. Mines a longhorn, Laramie edition. Tragically came out a candidate was Canada truck I don’t know if I made a difference of the exhaust brake or not

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have a 2016 eco diesel I pull over 8’000 lbs had know trouble but keeping it under 70 mph was tough going up hills coming down hills I found out my had I exhaust break in it they usually don’t come with them. But it was great. It hold coming down hills. Mines a longhorn, Laramie edition. Tragically came out a candidate was Canada truck I don’t know if I made a difference of the exhaust brake or not
I would say your truck might have an aftermarket tune. I don't think any ecodiesels came with an engine brake. Maybe someone will correct me though.

82Collector

Apr 22, 2021
Truck Year
Well I am kinda partial to the 2015! (I think the White ones make the most HP and Torque) :)
That said, you are at the upper limits or over with that size travel trailer for sure.
That size of trailer would not be fun or safe to tow.
I have a 2022 and a 28’ and it’s a hand full on ten ply tires. Miss my one ton.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
That size of trailer would not be fun or safe to tow.
I have a 2022 and a 28’ and it’s a hand full on ten ply tires. Miss my one ton.
Hmmm, I tow a 26' 6600 lb. (fully loaded) TT properly set up on a scale with WDH, airbags, 10 ply tires, and Helwig sway bar. tows like a dream