• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blown engine

Red Racer

Jan 25, 2015
Truck Year
Blown Engine in our company's 2015 Eco diesel with 91,000 miles on it. Mostly highway miles - no hauling and meticulously maintained. Very disappointing. Seriously considering selling my 2015 Eco diesel. Does anyone have stats on the failure rate of these engines compared to conventional gas engines?
-Red Racer

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Blown Engine in our company's 2015 Eco diesel with 91,000 miles on it. Mostly highway miles - no hauling and meticulously maintained. Very disappointing. Seriously considering selling my 2015 Eco diesel. Does anyone have stats on the failure rate of these engines compared to conventional gas engines?
-Red Racer

Some people have posted some numbers, not sure how true they are. I would imagine FCA has those numbers pretty tight as it would/could possibly show a issue.

How many miles are you on yours? I'll be the first to say, if you're out of warranty it would be tough for me to keep it.

Red Racer

Jan 25, 2015
Truck Year
Some people have posted some numbers, not sure how true they are. I would imagine FCA has those numbers pretty tight as it would/could possibly show a issue.

How many miles are you on yours? I'll be the first to say, if you're out of warranty it would be tough for me to keep it.
I've got 32,000 on mine.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The failure rate continues to raise ,even after 14 months of NO production..Its the highest ratio failure rate ( rotating mass Diesel ) I've seen or in my life and career. IMO its QC and the only per-warning is OAs, I consider OAs mandatory on any 3.0 VM product. Its Hero -Zero Status.

Capsfloyd

Apr 30, 2017
Truck Year
-Red Racer
Would the 100,000 engine warranty cover this.