• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Blown engine

JD5284

Aug 5, 2016
Truck Year
Well after 22000 miles of no problems at all with no warning my 2016 ecodiesel started making a slight taping noise as I arrived to work. I work nights so the next morning started the truck and still heard a slight taping noise. The dealer where I bought the truck was about 12 miles away so I was going to go by and let them listen to it,however I did not make it to far less than 2 miles from my job before the engine blew up and stranded me on a entrance ramp to the highway leaving me in the freezing cold for almost 4 hours before getting picked up and towed to the DEALERSHIP. Now I have a rental and I guess we'll see tomorrow what they find there was oil everywhere under the truck even on the flatbed and I'm pretty sure that when it blew I heard something fall on the highway as I was gliding to a stop not good not happy it is my daily driver they gave me a Jeep to use they rented me a Jeep I should say through the warranty we'll see what happens any one know if they have gotten any better on repair time? I thought the 2016 were not having any problems with blowing engine anymore Gess I was wrong.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well after 22000 miles of no problems at all with no warning my 2016 ecodiesel started making a slight taping noise as I arrived to work. I work nights so the next morning started the truck and still heard a slight taping noise. The dealer where I bought the truck was about 12 miles away so I was going to go by and let them listen to it,however I did not make it to far less than 2 miles from my job before the engine blew up and stranded me on a entrance ramp to the highway leaving me in the freezing cold for almost 4 hours before getting picked up and towed to the DEALERSHIP. Now I have a rental and I guess we'll see tomorrow what they find there was oil everywhere under the truck even on the flatbed and I'm pretty sure that when it blew I heard something fall on the highway as I was gliding to a stop not good not happy it is my daily driver they gave me a Jeep to use they rented me a Jeep I should say through the warranty we'll see what happens any one know if they have gotten any better on repair time? I thought the 2016 were not having any problems with blowing engine anymore Gess I was wrong.

Welcome! Another one bites the dust. Sorry to hear that.. Let us know what the dealer says. 22000 miles isn't much.. Dealer oil changes or did you do it yourself?

JD5284

Aug 5, 2016
Truck Year
I did not have the dealer do them because I'm a diesel man I drive trucks for a living I feel that the has any good diesel mechanics they work on many diesel and only have 2 certified so I had the oil change done at the shop I use. That being said as you know they call for the oil change to be done every 10 k i had the first done at 5k 2nd at 11k 3rd at 17 and its only 5k into the last oil change

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I did not have the dealer do them because I'm a diesel man I drive trucks for a living I feel that the has any good diesel mechanics they work on many diesel and only have 2 certified so I had the oil change done at the shop I use. That being said as you know they call for the oil change to be done every 10 k i had the first done at 5k 2nd at 11k 3rd at 17 and its only 5k into the last oil change

Yea, I don't wait. 7K at the most for me. Usually I do my changes on 5K intervals.

Glad you have the warranty, others aren't so lucky.

JD5284

Aug 5, 2016
Truck Year
Keep you posted on the progress of the repair as I know! I'm pretty sure it's going to be an engine change when it blew i herd something hit the ground! That can only mean one thing??

JD5284

Aug 5, 2016
Truck Year
Yea factory tone have not done anything to it exactly for this reason. As far as an update I spoke to the dealer today he said they ordered an engine and are waiting for the approval from warranty he will let me know as soon as they start working on it in the meanwhile I'm driving a rental a grand Cherokee not happy