• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

blown motors eco diesel

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Nope. Just the number of 104,000 3.0L VMs sold in North America so that includes both Ram & Jeep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
is there a record of how many blown eco diesel up to date

Nothing official, and they would never release that information.

Also, the ones that join forums are usually joining to say they have a problem, not say how great their truck is running. Many, many EcoDiesels out there that are having no problems.

Ken Burkhart

Jul 20, 2016
Truck Year
Well... my 2016 ED with 38,977 just blew up today. Running fine, then vibration that felt weird, loss of power, pulled over, oil pressure light came on, the horrible engine grinding noise. Toast. That goodness I have extended warranty. Anyone able to point me to a good forum/thread to discuss this problem and how it is being resolved?
Thank you,
Ken B. Napa, CA

John

Nov 13, 2015
is there a record of how many blown eco diesel up to date

Like others have said; nothing official.

From a reliable source I have read there are approximately 3,300 blown engines to date including the Jeep ecodiesel.

There are may good ones out there but it seems like the failure rate is way above normal standards.

01TwoForty

Jan 24, 2016
Truck Year
Like others have said; nothing official.

From a reliable source I have read there are approximately 3,300 blown engines to date including the Jeep ecodiesel.

There are may good ones out there but it seems like the failure rate is way above normal standards.

That is more than a 3% failure rate! Too high IMHO.

vandan

Sep 18, 2016
Truck Year
To me it looks like they seem to go at below 40,000 klm. so are you out of the woods when you get beyond that or are they blowing at any stage because if that's the case they shouldn't have stopped making the 318 because that engine was bullet proof.The reason people buy a diesel is for reliability and longevity if that isn't the case than we should have a say what kind of motor to be put back in a truck that has problems if this happens to me I will throw them the keys and tell the bank this my last payment on a bad deal we don't have lemon law in Canada to protect us from things like this which we should at the price everything is becoming. I feel sorry for the guys that are out of a vehicle for the time being that its getting fixed Fiat should foot the bill for rental and give you another warranty for that other motor they are putting in or put you in a different new truck if you chose that route