• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Buyback used trucks

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Nice truck OSUTRACKER.

Btw- are you a buckeye? Your name implies it, but your beach shots say otherwise!

I was thinking more along the lines of OSU (the Cowboys)...or could be the beavers? (Oregon State)

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Nah, there's only one OSU. [emoji41]

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
Yeah originally from Ohio and Grad from The Ohio State University, but live in Clearwater Florida now. Love the weather this time of year.

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
This wasn't the original truck I was looking at but for about 1k more I got the Nav and trailer tow package. I was scared of the 46k price tag, but the dealer made me an offer I couldn't turn down.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
After owning my fully loaded Laramie and renting several bighorns, I still think the bighorn is the best value. Tradesman has the lowest resale value loss, but you diddnt choose wrong. After working with several shops, the most common issue with the ed is what the owner is using it for. The people with the most issues are the short trip city drivers. The longer commute highway trailer towers are having the most luck. If I bought a brand new one like you again I would get the egr turned off asap from raw performance in Canada. ( Celtic tuning)

OSUTRACKER

Nov 1, 2015
After owning my fully loaded Laramie and renting several bighorns, I still think the bighorn is the best value. Tradesman has the lowest resale value loss, but you diddnt choose wrong. After working with several shops, the most common issue with the ed is what the owner is using it for. The people with the most issues are the short trip city drivers. The longer commute highway trailer towers are having the most luck. If I bought a brand new one like you again I would get the egr turned off asap from raw performance in Canada. ( Celtic tuning)
Since I'm completely new to the ED can you elaborate on the EGR tune is?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Since I'm completely new to the ED can you elaborate on the EGR tune is?

You can have the EGR disabled inside the engine computer with tuning. However, remember any kind of tuning *CAN* void your warranty if any serious problem comes up and the dealer snoops around in the ECM.

The EGR is part of the emissions system on the EcoDiesel (actually any modern diesel these days).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exhaust_gas_recirculation

marcm

Dec 5, 2015
Truck Year
Great choice of color!! Those beachy, tropical-looking pictures are going to make some of our Canadian friends a bit envious :D
very much envious but in 9 days i'll be sitting on a beach in the Bahamas and when I get back my new ED will be in so merry xmas to me lol

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
very much envious but in 9 days i'll be sitting on a beach in the Bahamas and when I get back my new ED will be in so merry xmas to me lol
I envy you sir

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year

Ha! Great minds....I will be in the Bahamas and some US Virgin Islands next week as well! Prayin' for good Caribbean weather :)

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
After owning my fully loaded Laramie and renting several bighorns, I still think the bighorn is the best value. Tradesman has the lowest resale value loss, but you diddnt choose wrong.
This is true because the Laramie and higher end submodels of the vehicle experience heavy depreciation as a luxury vehicle just as all high end luxury vehicles do, and you're left with the bare bones value of a basic truck with "XX,XXX" amount of miles. Look at depreciation on Mercedes and other high end cars. A $100,000+ Mercedes S Class 7 years down the road with UNDER 100k miles on it is only worth $20,000. That's worst possible depreciation I can imagine. But I'd reap the benefits of a purchase at that price as there's little depreciation left.

Our trucks hold certain higher residual value just as being a truck and in most cases 4 wheel drive. Beyond that; a loaded Laramie and a big horn 8 years down the road are both only going to be worth $20,000.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Eh - I think the Laramie will fetch more - especially if it has the air suspension and 4x4. Gotta get $1-2K more

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Yeah but that is what 5-10% at resale when it's a $20k value? But it was a $60k truck? That's still a 100k mile 60% depreciation to hold an extra 5 or 10 percent.

Vs a $40-45k Big Horn or SLT that depreciates the same but it's a $20k loss to depreciation vs a $40k loss. Minus the 5-10% residual value it holds.

And to be blunt the air suspension doesn't mean shit in resale but we will find out in the future because as of yet high maintenance or Repair costs of air suspension on luxury vehicles of the past that are plagued with high cost repairs it doesn't do a damn thing to hold value. And air is available on any model.

And I don't know about anyone else but I've owned numerous 10-15 year old German vehicles and had great leather. The leather in our trucks is too soft and subject to extreme wear and problems. Especially the leather with ventilated seats which are total s***.

There are downsides to high and vehicles and Shawn is right. Big Horn/SLT is where people get their value.