• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cat/DEF and EGR delete

trace2008

Sep 21, 2016
Truck Year
After having the truck leave me stranded in Vegas for two days on a cross country trip with the boys pulling a toy hauler, I want to get it done. Who makes a kit/tune?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
After having the truck leave me stranded in Vegas for two days on a cross country trip with the boys pulling a toy hauler, I want to get it done. Who makes a kit/tune?

PPEI or GDE are two that come to mind. They can get you fixed up.

trace2008

Sep 21, 2016
Truck Year
I have been looking into those, but i do not see that they turn off the DEF or allow for the removal of the cat.

trace2008

Sep 21, 2016
Truck Year
reference the off-road option on the GDE tune to run a straight pipe.
Thanks

What are the below options and what do they provide me that my normal instruments and gauge setup option do not provide me?

Regen Messaging Option

High Idle Option

Oil Pressure Sensing Kit

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
The regen message will notify you of any active regen via the cluster. Factory typically regens behind the scenes and only notifies you if the filter is 80,90, or 100% plugged. This is a good feature for folks doing a lot of city driving.

The high idle cuts the engine warmup time in half vs. factory. This is awesome if you live in a cold climate, park outside and remote start your vehicle.

The factory truck does not have an oil pressure sensor, the data you see in the cluster is a modeled value from ecm based on rpm/temps. Our oil pressure kit is a pressure transducer and wiring pigtail that will display a real value on the cluster. This is an added safety factor.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
The regen message will notify you of any active regen via the cluster. Factory typically regens behind the scenes and only notifies you if the filter is 80,90, or 100% plugged. This is a good feature for folks doing a lot of city driving.

The high idle cuts the engine warmup time in half vs. factory. This is awesome if you live in a cold climate, park outside and remote start your vehicle.

The factory truck does not have an oil pressure sensor, the data you see in the cluster is a modeled value from ecm based on rpm/temps. Our oil pressure kit is a pressure transducer and wiring pigtail that will display a real value on the cluster. This is an added safety factor.
Clearly these engines are failing at a rate most would consider abnormal to say the least. Do you have any data regarding engine failure rates with GDE tune versus failure rates of stock motors?

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
We only had 3 customers running GDE tunes with failed bearings, all got new engines under warranty. The failure rate seems to be less with the GDE tune, but tuning in general is not the issue with the bearings failing. That is a design flaw in the stack-up tolerances or an assembly issue at the plant.

Mzwolle

Jul 1, 2019
Truck Year
Lets say for argument sake you want to eliminate the EGR, Add a better intake, a better exhaust, and get a tuned ECM what kind of stable HP/Torque could you get?

By stable I mean, drivable and wont blow up when you tow a trailer, boat, or something.

Would you recommend eliminating the DPF? or catalytic converter?

Does anyone offer a tune for these conditions?

Luc_sko

May 29, 2019
Truck Year
If you want stable drivable power you don’t need to delete your exhaust.

Don’t need an intake, stock one flows well. If you want more turbo noise just remove the intake baffle and the intercooler pipe baffle.

Filter back exhausts are just for looks on DPF equipped diesels. The filter is a choke point so you don’t gain much of anything by changing the exhaust after the DPF.

You can tune out your EGR and do not have to remove it right away.

8v71

Aug 4, 2019
Truck Year
PPEI or GDE can offer all the tune or delete options you want, I did the PPEI, deleted the DEF, EGR and removed it because it was leaking externally anyway and did the flowpro straight pipe. Did the optional multi tune settings which I thought was a waste of money, to me the 20 hp is ok kinda, Anything above the stock tune just smokes at my altitude (5,000+ft) with out the turbo upgrades, and besides that the EGT can go way to hot, even at stock their High. Plan on a EGT temp gauge, your going to have to live by it.