• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

CB Radio installed

Dingo Diesel

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
Got the new radio installed. Made a mounting block out of a piece of 8/4 maple, notched out the back for cables to come out and to the radio. Just need to figure out where to mount the microphone. Kinda wish it was a side plug microphone coming out the front it tends to dangle in front of the radio screen. I'm thinking about wrapping the block in brown leather to blend in better.

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 42

Dingo Diesel

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
I put dark walnut stain on it but the hard maple didn't absorb much of the stain. I have walnut lumber but none of it is 8/4. I saw a video on line where the guy used square aluminum tube and my first thought was he should wrap it in brown leather to match the dash. I'm also thinking about placing an ecodiesel badge on the front of the block.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
I'm a Ham radio operator, and do have Dual bander VHF/UHF mobile and 3 handhelds for our hiking in the mountain. I always had a setup in my vehicle, but so far, I haven't attempted to do so with the truck. My front can be taken off and the body mounted with cable. If I do install it, it will be hidden, not as obvious or quick to remove and store. Maybe in the spring/camping season, I look at it, but putting it on the dash is not for me.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
hey if anyone could post links or pictures of a 2013+ ram 1500 specific cb antenna mount or antenna kit just for this truck, and i dont mean a universal, please post it. i need a strong carwash proof mount.
hell ill buy a mount if someone makes one from stainless or aluminum on here. i would like to mount the antenna on the hood lip or behind my cab between the body. in front of the ram box.
thanks shawn.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
Hi Shawn...

Check your local Amateur Radio Store or online, they have all sort of mounts and quick disconnect. I have a hood lip mount and mag mounts etc. No issue with VHF/UHF antennas. For HF (11 meter and lower), there are an assortment available. Even bumper mounts for large antennas, easy to disconnect and throw it in the box when going through car washes.

seiko

Jul 23, 2015
Truck Year
True, they are only found in major cities, due to limited market. If you do a search "Amateur Radio Store", it should give you a list with the nearest one. Look for antenna mounts category, for example I found this one....

http://www.aesham.com/antenna-accessories-mounts/
diak4003_8c2.jpg

Price: $79.95
Product ID : DIAK4003/8C2
Manufacturer: Diamond Antenna
Milwaukee: In stock
Orlando: In stock
Cleveland: In stock
Las Vegas: In stock

3/8x24 Trunk Lip mount; 13.5' of Cable

Twin-Axis Adjustable
Power Rating: 1kw (1-30 mhz)