• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Champion announces motor oil for Ram EcoDiesel Engine

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
Question. If first and second service is at 10k intervals, and scheduled maintenance is to be done by dealer, than why would I need to purchase oil? Is it that before the 10k mark, I will need to have added oil to keep the oil full up to each scheduled maintenance? Or is that some people don't want the dealer to do it so they do it themselves, and if so does that void the warranty somehow?

RamDiesel4

Oct 9, 2013
You shouldn't not have to worry about adding oil between intervals. Yes some prefer to do it themselves and save the money. I do know you need to keep your receipts for the oil purchased in case of any warranty issues so you can validate you at least bought oil to change it with.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
I just can't let my oil go for 10k miles. The oil is just so dirty that I change it myself every 5k between dealer changes. Was able to get filters off ebay for real cheap and probably have enough for the rest of the life of the truck :)
I also replace one quart of oil with 1 quart of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer. This seems to cut down on the sludge that can build up in the oil, however now that I am changing the oil every 5k miles, probably not as big deal. I like the Lucas Oil products and have had a lot of success with it.
Another issue with the oil being so dirty is oil blow-by that this engine experiences. The soot in the blow-by is going right in to the EGR flow, the intercooler, and the turbo charger. I am looking to install an oil separation system that "MoparEcoDiesel" implemented on his truck (please refer to YouTube). I have used these systems on other vehicles and they do a great job of keeping intake and downstream components clean as a whistle.
Maybe after installing the oil separation system, I can entertain longer periods between oil changes.