• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Cheating Emissions Lawsuit filed against FCA and Cummins

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well,

It seems like these lawsuits are just the beginning.

http://jalopnik.com/a-second-lawsuit-accuses-fiat-chrysler-of-cheating-on-d-1790563889

The suit claims hundreds of thousands of Dodge and Ram pickups from 2007-2013 equipped with Cummins’ 6.7-liter diesel engine included a “defeat device” to under-report the level of emissions being outputted. The claims mirror a 712-page suit filed last month.

The complaints each request a jury trial and seek compensatory damages, as well as injunctive relief from a buyback program.

It's crazy since VW started this, it seems perhaps everyone is doing it? I guess we're about to find out.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Yea this could be VW all over again. Question is what will the settlement be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

cevans

Nov 1, 2015
Truck Year
Right.

I'm not sure. Unfortunately the VW case set a REALLY high, quite ridiculous IMO, precedent for damages for emissions cheating. The EPA/FCA will have to find some sort of technicality that excuses a lesser punishment or face serious legal challenges from VW. If FCA gets away with just a fine and a recall there will be legal hell to pay in the future.

To be clear, though, I'm thrilled that my TDI (Read VW) is PAYING me a significant sum of money after putting 160k miles on it! If my truck decided to pay me a few grand, I wouldn't complain.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Right.

I'm not sure. Unfortunately the VW case set a REALLY high, quite ridiculous IMO, precedent for damages for emissions cheating. The EPA/FCA will have to find some sort of technicality that excuses a lesser punishment or face serious legal challenges from VW. If FCA gets away with just a fine and a recall there will be legal hell to pay in the future.

To be clear, though, I'm thrilled that my TDI (Read VW) is PAYING me a significant sum of money after putting 160k miles on it! If my truck decided to pay me a few grand, I wouldn't complain.
After reading the EPA NOV I find it very difficult to draw a correlative conclusion that FCA "violations" would draw any response other than corrective action and Administrative fines. I see no avenue for VW to sue FCA or EPA for inappropriate sanctions as these are apples and oranges type of infractions. That being said I truly believe that the EPA is intent on outlawing all diesel engines, one manufacturer at a time with the VW results hammer. Unless something happens with EPA Administration.

HarleyRob

Sep 15, 2016
Truck Year
I have received a letter from a Law firm in Dallas concerning my 2016 ED. Contains a bunch of lawyer jargon about the EPA and FCA. They were the lead firm in Texas against VW. Anybody else receiving this type of letter???

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Ambulance chasing. These suits have ZERO proof, only conjecture that claims since VW uses Bosch injection systems and Bosch was involved in dieselgate, the Bosch systems that FCA uses MUST also be cheating. This isn't logic, it is profiteering.
My take exactly. The Class Action Suit filed against FCA was exactly the conjecture that since VW did it with BOSCH then FCA MUST be doing it. The suit against Audi says the same thing. Basically anyone using the most popular ECM Module will be a target for these profit mongers. Whether it is true or not. As I have stated previously the EPA Notice of Violation one item has been addressed, six of the remaining seven are actually administrative notice violations the last could be a problem, but does not rise to the level of the VW debacle. My take just short of extortion.

HarleyRob

Sep 15, 2016
Truck Year
I agree. I threw it in the trash. What I am concerned is that FCA comes up with some BS flash and the fuel mileage really drops. My truck is running great but I only have 12,000 miles on it.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
I agree. I threw it in the trash. What I am concerned is that FCA comes up with some BS flash and the fuel mileage really drops. My truck is running great but I only have 12,000 miles on it.
If that's the case then we'd be looking at compensation. Enough so that it would pay for a tune to recoup the mileage lost and then some I believe. Don't want to go the tune route? Then cash that check and stuff it in a fuel money jar. Either way, aside maybe from resale value, I don't see how all this hoopla will negatively impact the end user.

bobcat67

May 19, 2016
Truck Year
I'm sure a poor economy flash is coming or it's going to end up like the VW scandal.

William Hedgepeth

Aug 31, 2016
Truck Year
This law firm in Dallas already has 196 Litigants , there must be something to this for them to Spend the monies on something other than a false allegation. Here is a copy of just a few things FCA is being investigated for.

German transport authorities have found evidence of an emissions cheat device in a diesel Fiat 500X crossover, further fuelling claims that Fiat Chrysler has tried to skirt emissions laws in the EU.

French authorities have also accused FCA of attempting to employ an emissions cheat device in diesel vehicles in the country, but the automaker has denied the allegations. This latest accusation claims a diesel 500X shut off its exhaust gas treatment system after 90 minutes of operation, while another shut it off after just 22 minutes. Seeing as the standard EU emissions tests lasts around 20 minutes, this would suggest a device is being used to time the treatment system shut-off.

A spokesperson for FCA said they could not provide comment on the new findings as they have never seen the supposed documents that allege its transgression.

“We are not in a position to comment on the validity or accuracy of supposed KBA (German transport authority) internal documents or on purported emissions tests that we have never seen,” a FCA spokesperson told Reuters in a statement.

FCA is also under investigation in the United States for using a cheat device in vehicles equipped with its 3.0-liter EcoDiesel V6 engine. The Environmental Protection Agency found evidence that those cars would go into an less eco-friendly mode when travelling at high speeds or under long periods of operation. The automaker denies the allegations and is hoping to have EcoDiesel-equipped vehicles certified for the 2017 model year shortly.

Via The Drive

Read more: http://fcauthority.com/2017/04/germany-finds-evidence-of-diesel-cheating-in-fiat-500x/#ixzz4fO9cNkF5

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Hamlin, Hamlin, & McGill.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year