• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Check Engine codes

lobo241

Jun 30, 2016
Truck Year
These are the codes that I've gotten today. P24F3, P249C, and P24F3 again. The service adviser has me going in again this week to perform another check. She thinks it could be a communication issue, shes not exactly sure. Any idea what these codes mean?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Code search says it's related to the DEF tank. Unfortunately not much we can do from here. Hopefully the dealer has some good info/fixes for you. Keep us updated!

Welcome to the site!

lobo241

Jun 30, 2016
Truck Year
Code search says it's related to the DEF tank. Unfortunately not much we can do from here. Hopefully the dealer has some good info/fixes for you. Keep us updated!

Welcome to the site!
Thanks for your response. I ended up bringing my truck for a third opinion at Oreillys. The first was at the dealership, the second was at Auto Zone (they had a basic code reader), at Oreillys they had a much better code reader. After the person at Oreillys checked it the check engine light went away. Hopefully this was a fluke. As far as the DEF that I currently use with no issues are the Wal-Mart brand and the Tractor supply brand. I've owned the truck three months and have added four jugs of DEF.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I always use the BLUE DEF brand but DEF is all the same, or it should be at least. If the code comes back, definitely make an appointment at the dealer. Otherwise just drive the EcoDiesel and enjoy it!

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for your response. I ended up bringing my truck for a third opinion at Oreillys. The first was at the dealership, the second was at Auto Zone (they had a basic code reader), at Oreillys they had a much better code reader. After the person at Oreillys checked it the check engine light went away. Hopefully this was a fluke. As far as the DEF that I currently use with no issues are the Wal-Mart brand and the Tractor supply brand. I've owned the truck three months and have added four jugs of DEF.

How many miles in that 3 months? Aren't those jugs 2.5gal? We have an 8 gallon DEF tank. Should last 10k miles full to empty or there abouts. If you've ran through 7 gallons in just a few thousand miles, I'm betting there's a bigger issue. JMO.

-Brady

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
*edit - 4, 2.5gal jugs would be 10 gallons not 7. Der.

-Brady

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year

Dont trust what Oreillys or Autozone says. Also your truck shouldn't need that much def in three months. How many miles did you put on the truck and why did you add def?