• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

claim filing: is your owner/former owner status measured as of the date you file a claim?

kd1yt

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
I've begun to wade through the ecodiesel settlement document, but I am wondering if anyone is ahead of me in determining if it specifically addresses what I am about to ask:

I see the difference in $$$ amount between "owner" (approx. $3,000) and "former owner (approx. $990).

As of now, I fall in "owner"

Separate from these issues about the lawsuit and settlement, I am ready to change vehicles and have serious interest in ordering a Jeep Gladiator (and it will be gasoline, there are many things I have liked about the 3.0 ED but the potential costs and aggravations of some of the potential problems are nothing I want to stick around long-term for).

Apparently owners will be able to actually file claims, to seek to get their settlement payment, in early May.

I tentatively assume but am hoping to confirm that the amount I am entitled to - $3k as "owner" will be set/measured by my status as an actual "owner" as of early May, not the fact that I may become "former owner" before the payout actually makes its way to me?

Thanks

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I got an email some months back (sorry, deleted it) from Jessica Thompson, the attorney for Hagens Berman. She outlined the case update and said don't sell now (between the date of the settlement agreement and the date of software update) or you would get nothing. But you can ask them yourself. These are the attorneys that have obtained the settlement. It might take some time to get an answer because so many people are asking questions.

https://www.hbsslaw.com/cases/dodge-ram-1500-diesel-emissions

John

Nov 13, 2015
You have to get the software update to be eligible as a current owner. If you sell before the software update you will still be eligible as a former owner at the reduced settlement amount.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
as I understand it if u did not buy it new u r the second or third owner it gets split up

kd1yt

Nov 16, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the additional info. Point taken about not selling before filing the claim and getting the fix. Does anyone happen to know whether FCA is ready to do the fix quickly after the court [is expected based on schedule stuff listed in connection with the lawsuit] issues the court's approval of the settlement? Or is it going to be wait for court approval and then wait again for FCA to get its ducks in a row to actually do the fix?

Thanks

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
well, you have to apply then get it approved for the claim. I think you can get the reflash once the notice goes out. Sounds like a 60 day process.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
as I understand it if u did not buy it new u r the second or third owner it gets split up
The way I interpreted what I read in the proposed settlement is that IF a previous owner also files then the settlement is split.

Garland Francis

Mar 29, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the additional info. Point taken about not selling before filing the claim and getting the fix. Does anyone happen to know whether FCA is ready to do the fix quickly after the court [is expected based on schedule stuff listed in connection with the lawsuit] issues the court's approval of the settlement? Or is it going to be wait for court approval and then wait again for FCA to get its ducks in a row to actually do the fix?

Thanks
We had our appointment in a couple weeks. My husband went in this morning and it took less than 3 hours. No cost to us.

Nancymae

Jun 4, 2019
Truck Year
Aloha I saw the post on Facebook about 2014 Dodge Ram ecodiesel 1500 my husband owns one and so I sign up for update to my email so I want to file a claim and make my appointment to fix it so if I can file the claim

Nancymae

Jun 4, 2019
Truck Year
U kind of lost right now I need to file a claim or check one please I need help

needgeech

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
It's who owns the vehicle at the time the AEM update is completed that determines who gets compensated and how much. go to ecodieselsettlement.com and click on "long form" or "short form" for the graph that spells it out. The one scenario that's not straightforward is if you bought the vehicle this year, and a former owner was a lessee, then you only get the $995 as well. Other than that, even if you bought one now as long as it hasn't been updated you get either $2465 or the $3k.

Mando Michigan Mark

Aug 27, 2018
Truck Year
I'll be curious as to mine. I am (for all intents and purposes) - the 'only' owner. The vehicle had been driven by the owner of the dealership I bought it from for less than a year, and they sold it to me with like 7500 miles on it. The owner of the dealership (sadly) passed away a few months after I bought it, so I know he won't be filing a claim. As of right now, the indication is I'll initially receive $2460, and if no other claims are received by any 'previous' owners by August 1st, another check for the $615 will follow.