• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Class Action Law Suits over High Pressure Fuel Pump

Carpdizney

Feb 26, 2024
Truck Year
Is anyone aware of any lawsuits against Chysler for RAM eco diesel High Pressure fuel pump recalls. Mine was in the shop March 2023-July 2023 before they replaced all the parts. It broke down again in Jan 2024, same thing again HPFP. Just found out they still don't have a fix and are putting same HPFP models in to get back on the road.

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
Is anyone aware of any lawsuits against Chysler for RAM eco diesel High Pressure fuel pump recalls. Mine was in the shop March 2023-July 2023 before they replaced all the parts. It broke down again in Jan 2024, same thing again HPFP. Just found out they still don't have a fix and are putting same HPFP models in to get back on the road.
Sorry to hear it. I'm also on the E46 recall list (since I purchased it in 2022) and still no fix.

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
I purchased my used 2018 Ram Eco in 2022 with the E46 recall still in effect and the Hyundai dealer I purchased it from pulled a fast one on me and said the recall would be fixed if I just took it to the Ram dealer but they knew it was a no fix recall. I have an attorney on it now. Trying to get a full refund. I'll update on how things go. I'm in California, so I need to keep the truck stock. If I was in a state with no emission requirements; I would delete it all and I know the truck would be great. I love my truck overall; just sucks to have all this garbage DEF system shit on it.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I purchased my used 2018 Ram Eco in 2022 with the E46 recall still in effect and the Hyundai dealer I purchased it from pulled a fast one on me and said the recall would be fixed if I just took it to the Ram dealer but they knew it was a no fix recall. I have an attorney on it now. Trying to get a full refund. I'll update on how things go. I'm in California, so I need to keep the truck stock. If I was in a state with no emission requirements; I would delete it all and I know the truck would be great. I love my truck overall; just sucks to have all this garbage DEF system shit on it.
What is the E46 recall?
If you are referring to the HPFP recall how would a full delete effect that?

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
What is the E46 recall?
If you are referring to the HPFP recall how would a full delete effect that?
E46 recall is the HPFP. The full delete would just solve the overall issue with the soot buildup in the motor. I remedy the fuel pump with Hot Shots fuel additive for now.

airmiller1

Mar 22, 2022
Truck Year
It is coming!!!
just received my recall notice for dealer to replace HPFP a couple days ago, March 13, 2024. Dealer scheduled me in to do this, says he has parts plus he will check out fuel system for contamination and need to be replacing. Finally getting this done.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
It's a Z46 recall and applies to 2014-19 Ecodiesels. It is a "fix" as it replaces your existing HPFP. Whatever dealer told you it's a "no fix" recall is a dealer to stay away from. I don't see where the Hyundai is at fault, they told you the truth. What's the lawyer going to do, you have no case.

Attachments

• 011b-Z46 HPFP Replacement.pdf
    20.4 KB · Views: 7

Carpdizney

Feb 26, 2024
Truck Year
It was a no fix until they found a fix which required a six month test to qualify. Then Chrysler decided to put the old style puma in to get trucks back on the road until the fixed hpfp comes out. I just had mine replaced for the second time. They still put old pump style back in because they say the new fix pump is still not out yet.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
It was a no fix until they found a fix which required a six month test to qualify. Then Chrysler decided to put the old style puma in to get trucks back on the road until the fixed hpfp comes out. I just had mine replaced for the second time. They still put old pump style back in because they say the new fix pump is still not out yet.
Sorry, you've had the problems. You should be glad that they replaced the blown pumps. That pump's failure rate is less than 1%, I wonder why you've had two go bad?

Sporty_rob

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
It's a Z46 recall and applies to 2014-19 Ecodiesels. It is a "fix" as it replaces your existing HPFP. Whatever dealer told you it's a "no fix" recall is a dealer to stay away from. I don't see where the Hyundai is at fault, they told you the truth. What's the lawyer going to do, you have no case.
Thanks for the info John.

Cbelt

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
They replaced mine a week ago. Seems to run great so far. Really seems to run better. But I think it runs better after washing it. Didn’t cost anything for a new fuel pump. What a deal.
mine is a 2020 limited.

Pizzaman1

Sep 3, 2020
Truck Year
I got a recall on mine. I was involved in the lawsuit over their bogus EPA numbers, I never got my computer flashed over. I called the dealership about the HPFP. First thing I asked-does the computer need flashed for this? Their response was yes it does. I told them to forget it- they aren't touching my truck.
Is it me or does it seem like they are coming up with crap just to get you to have your computer flashed??

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I got a recall on mine. I was involved in the lawsuit over their bogus EPA numbers, I never got my computer flashed over. I called the dealership about the HPFP. First thing I asked-does the computer need flashed for this? Their response was yes it does. I told them to forget it- they aren't touching my truck.
Is it me or does it seem like they are coming up with crap just to get you to have your computer flashed??
Sorry but it is just you, there is no conspiracy to flash your ECM.
Also, your ECM does not need to be updated for the new HPFP pump although they would quite likely check that your vehicle has the latest software, much like any IT person working on any computer.

Sep 2, 2023
Truck Year
I just got in the mail my recall letter, I have a 2016 2nd gen, 170,000 miles on it, no issues yet. I do use on my diesel the diesel extreme additive from hotshot secret, does works for me, my truck runs smooth, no issues with the high pressure pump yet, so I’m still debating if I’m taking the truck to the dealer to get the pump replaced since I have never had any issues yet.

StanRam2

Jul 6, 2023
Truck Year
I'm in Thunder Bay ON. I just got an appointment to have mine changed in May. I've been waiting 2 years since the recall.
Sorry but it is just you, there is no conspiracy to flash your ECM.
Also, your ECM does not need to be updated for the new HPFP pump although they would quite likely check that your vehicle has the latest software, much like any IT person working on any computer.
I had Green Diesel Engineering send me a tune. Like $1100. But, I get way better economy and power. Lakehead motors had my truck in for an EGR Cooler recall and stuck the epa garbage tune into it. I lost 20% fuel economy and crap power. So I went with GDE. Now, when my truck goes to a Chrysler dealer I reinstall the the factory tune and when I get the truck back I go back to rhe GDE tune.

Cbelt

May 3, 2022
Truck Year
I'm in Thunder Bay ON. I just got an appointment to have mine changed in May. I've been waiting 2 years since the recall.

I had Green Diesel Engineering send me a tune. Like $1100. But, I get way better economy and power. Lakehead motors had my truck in for an EGR Cooler recall and stuck the epa garbage tune into it. I lost 20% fuel economy and crap power. So I went with GDE. Now, when my truck goes to a Chrysler dealer I reinstall the the factory tune and when I get the truck back I go back to rhe GDE tune.
Just had my HPFP replaced at the dealership. For free. My fuel economy seems to be dropping.