• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

cold weather grill cover for eco-diesel

Brian Hartenstine

Nov 11, 2015
Truck Year
Hi all,
I'm new to this site! I was @ the dealer on Monday and they said there was a recall for cold weather on the eco-diesel and I would be getting a grill cover for them to install. has anyone else heard of this?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
You must be Canada. The FCA provided grill cover in cold climate is yet to reach the states to my knowledge. But Canada it's said to be provided free of charge upon request.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
And welcome to the forum!

If you're in CAN and don't want to keep the black mopar cover there's also a stainless steel option available from precision trucks.

Was about 175$can from action truck accessories. All around in Canada

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
371495.jpg
Picture is of a HD truck but it's the same. Thumb screw hook installation no drilling necessary. It's a good product if you're in need and prefer the chrome

Brian Hartenstine

Nov 11, 2015
Truck Year
You must be Canada. The FCA provided grill cover in cold climate is yet to reach the states to my knowledge. But Canada it's said to be provided free of charge upon request.

Thanks, I'm not in Canada I'm in Missouri! but my dealer said that it was coming due to a recall! just wanted to see what it looked like!
I have a 2015 limited with all the bells and whistles, cd player engine block heater, tow brake pkg.

I'm also interested in improving MPG avg. 25 now and would like to get to 30 MPG, the dealer said when it gets broke in it will improve. I have almost 20,000 miles on it now!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
You're well broken in but I'd be happy with that mileage.

I can't believe they are providing you with a winter front in Missouri. There's no need. And mopar says to absolutely not have it installed at temps above 32F

But the best I know is this, mopar updated the cold weather package. It is now a "package" which includes the block heater cable as well as the winter front. As previously you only got the heater cable installed and were at your own responsibility to get a winter cover though FCA says it is necessary for anyone in winter climate that regularly experiences under 30 degrees and is subject to the freezing problems

Brian Hartenstine

Nov 11, 2015
Truck Year
You're well broken in but I'd be happy with that mileage.

I can't believe they are providing you with a winter front in Missouri. There's no need. And mopar says to absolutely not have it installed at temps above 32F

But the best I know is this, mopar updated the cold weather package. It is now a "package" which includes the block heater cable as well as the winter front. As previously you only got the heater cable installed and were at your own responsibility to get a winter cover though FCA says it is necessary for anyone in winter climate that regularly experiences under 30 degrees and is subject to the freezing problems

Thanks for the information!