• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Concern

Zigi

Mar 21, 2016
Truck Year
Hi all
I got my 2016 1500 a year and a half ago. And hour after I got the new truck, the service engine went on. I was on the highway for a thousand km run at the time. By the time I got to my destination, my display read 18.5 liters per 100 km and the service engine light was still on. Went through a lot of def as well. Dropped it off at the dealer and they couldn't find any problems, said it could be some moisture in a module. Had 1000 km on it, drove across the street to my hotel from the dealers and my regeneration came on so went for a 30 minute highway trip till the light went off. Brand new truck and all the mileage was highway. On the way home, an hour into my trip the service engine light comes back on and my display is showing 16.5 liters per 100 km. Got home, service engine light still on, display is at 10.5 liters per 100 km.
Traded my 2015 1500 for this 2016.on the highway I was averaging 8 to 9 liters per 100 km. Regeneration was displaying about 4 or 5 times in the 10,000 km that I had that truck for. I've had the 2016 for 23,000 km now and have not gotten any more regeneration displays on my dash. At oil change at 10,000 km, the did a flash update. Up to then I was averaging 10.5 liters per 100 km and after the flash I went to 11.5 liters per 100km. Now I am averaging 12.5 liters per 100 km. Is it possible that my engine is all carboned up even though I don't have a service engine light showing? Loved my 2015, this 2016 is very disappointing and I can't get any help from the dealer
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi all
I got my 2016 1500 a year and a half ago. And hour after I got the new truck, the service engine went on. I was on the highway for a thousand km run at the time. By the time I got to my destination, my display read 18.5 liters per 100 km and the service engine light was still on. Went through a lot of def as well. Dropped it off at the dealer and they couldn't find any problems, said it could be some moisture in a module. Had 1000 km on it, drove across the street to my hotel from the dealers and my regeneration came on so went for a 30 minute highway trip till the light went off. Brand new truck and all the mileage was highway. On the way home, an hour into my trip the service engine light comes back on and my display is showing 16.5 liters per 100 km. Got home, service engine light still on, display is at 10.5 liters per 100 km.
Traded my 2015 1500 for this 2016.on the highway I was averaging 8 to 9 liters per 100 km. Regeneration was displaying about 4 or 5 times in the 10,000 km that I had that truck for. I've had the 2016 for 23,000 km now and have not gotten any more regeneration displays on my dash. At oil change at 10,000 km, the did a flash update. Up to then I was averaging 10.5 liters per 100 km and after the flash I went to 11.5 liters per 100km. Now I am averaging 12.5 liters per 100 km. Is it possible that my engine is all carboned up even though I don't have a service engine light showing? Loved my 2015, this 2016 is very disappointing and I can't get any help from the dealer
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

I would advise to change dealers. If they can't give you answers, I would recommend finding one that can.