• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Conflicted Owner after one year

BendOregonECO

Feb 19, 2020
Truck Year
I purchased my ECO one year ago. I have put just under 30,000 miles on it. It sat for nine weeks on the lift of the local dealer as parts were sent from the east coast and wouldn't fit as the passenger hub failed at under 48K miles. Local Dealer was at a loss as to why the replacement parts would not fit and it ended up requiring a complete new axle assembly. Luckily, all of this was covered under the powertrain warranty. I took it immediately to NV, AZ, and CA road trip and by the time I returned to frozen temps, the heated seats and steering wheel don't work.

I enjoy the mileage as I have averaged HWY mpg around 25-27 with mountain passes for most of the miles. I almost bought a Tundra but opted for the used ECO due to the purchase price and mpg benefit and am seeing it at the pump. My RAM owning buddies say the "little stuff" will drive you mad, as I have been a '09 Silverado and several Tacoma owner with few problems.

The truck handles great, has enough power for me, I'm not heavy footed and only tow a 12ft enclosed trailer occasionally for work which drastically hurts mpg, but it's understandable since I didn't get a 5.7L or a Cummins. It's less comfortable than my Silverado with leather but better than a Tacoma, nothing shocking there.

I have not entered or registered for the settlement yet and I am currently doing the financial hit I will take if I try to sell/trade (I know I will lose) or do I opt for the extended warranty. The MOPAR Vehicle Protection department quoted 3yr/36K at $4,200, or 3/Unlimited for around $5,300. That makes my used ECO slightly more expensive than the new Tundra that was comparably equipped. I don't know if I should buy the Unlimited 3 year warranty or cut my losses at selling it now.

I'm disappointed as to the stories about the settlement, having helped my dad through the VW diesel scandal which was easy and ended up getting to drive a car for 3 years and 60k and was paid $650 less than his purchase price. He wanted to keep the car, but that is a no brainer. Double that with the FCA fix that increases problems or worse increases a dangerous lag(which I already have experienced), still has an engine that might need replacement. Thanks for listening. Any advice you have is appreciated.