• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Considering ED in California

Beeson

Feb 9, 2019
Truck Year
I guess I like cool aid. I got my truck 2016 crew 4x4 bighorn for 36k new. Stealership didn't disclose there was accident with delivery and I got them to give me $5k back. FCC will most likely give back 3,075.00. so less than 28,000 for my truck. Now if my truck only lasts 150k before the cam failure and I am only driving it 7500 miles a year it will take 20 years to fail me. I can get 30mpg per tank if I make an effort. Diesel if I shop around is 30 cents or 10% more. so I will take the diesel tq and 30% better MPG. so in the end for the price of an average economy car and around the same MPG as a mini truck I have a 4x4 crew cab full size truck with the big nav, power and driving visibility. win win. pour me some grape cool aid!

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Lol Beeson. Hey don't hold your breath for that ED cam failure it might be the 2nd in the history of the motor.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Lol Beeson. Hey don't hold your breath for that ED cam failure it might be the 2nd in the history of the motor.

Whoever started that rumor? with No evidence or facts just go's to show how fear form sources that only sell fear.

Its extremely rare but it does happen. So does running out of fuel.....:)

Vern, it was only after 3 Years of testing the 3.0 that the evidence I did Supported tuning. No 3.0 that I know of has seen more rigorous care and maintenance then My 2015 . The Plenum and EGR needed replacing at 40K miles ( with 3 foaming's did not stop the soot). I have not seen a clean Plenum at that mileage in DD use. without defeated or deleted tuning.