• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Considering...

Desertdawg

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Howdy,
Have owned several diesel brands and sizes (vw, m-b, cummins, Chev. & Duramax, plus Cat & Cummins motorhomes, plus pair of 5.9's in a boat). Now am looking at the eco in a '12 Laramie. Any advice on pre- purchase checks? What to watch out for? Thanks to All.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I don’t think the 2012’s offered the eco that started in 14. Could be good could be a dud. If it’s got miles on it see if you can see if it had any service work prior. Mine had 113k figured it was good only to find out intake was replaced at 109k

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Tremper126 How many miles do you have now and is it deleted?
Bought with 113k at 133 now. I have only done thev#4 glowplug since purchase but previous owner had a pile of work done. Mine is not deleted yet.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group desert dwag there is no 12 no years r that dependable 4 dependable service they ha e 2 b deleted and tuned early on

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Howdy,
Have owned several diesel brands and sizes (vw, m-b, cummins, Chev. & Duramax, plus Cat & Cummins motorhomes, plus pair of 5.9's in a boat). Now am looking at the eco in a '12 Laramie. Any advice on pre- purchase checks? What to watch out for? Thanks to All.

Welcome to the forum!

Desertdawg

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
Ooops, my bad. It's a 2014. Was looking @ '12 w/the hemi at the same time. Think I like the 3.0 more.

Desertdawg

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
I don’t think the 2012’s offered the eco that started in 14. Could be good could be a dud. If it’s got miles on it see if you can see if it had any service work prior. Mine had 113k figured it was good only to find out intake was replaced at 109k
Why the intake?

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Why the intake?
The egr Develops a leqk and causes fire inside the intake making it melt. It’s an open recall on all of them with no fix at the moment. The air ride I have read causes lots of headaches. Hopefully it doesn’t have it but if you plan to tow you will deff want to invest in a set of bags for the rear. I’m running air lift 1000hd I believe is their model for the 1500 with up to 1 ton of leveling capability. Best 100$ I put into the truck and a lot less headaches than I’ve read about compared to the factory air ride.