• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Damn Electronic Throttle Control!!!

tim5779

Nov 19, 2021
Truck Year
Heading home from work. Punched it to pass an old lady doing 30 in a 50. 10 seconds later truck starts sputtering and dies. "Check Electronic Throttle Control" on the screen. Check engine light and oil pressure light both on. Truck is a 2016 with 115k miles. I replaced the MAP sensor (it was completely clogged). Also cleaned the EGR cooler tube and vacuumed out the EGR cooler. Still won't start. Threw in the towel and had the dealership come get it. Anyone know how much this is going to set me back!?!?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You likely are looking at $1000s in future repair costs.

Longtime1876

May 7, 2022
Truck Year
Might be the FCV or the VGt is possibly clogged.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Heading home from work. Punched it to pass an old lady doing 30 in a 50. 10 seconds later truck starts sputtering and dies. "Check Electronic Throttle Control" on the screen. Check engine light and oil pressure light both on. Truck is a 2016 with 115k miles. I replaced the MAP sensor (it was completely clogged). Also cleaned the EGR cooler tube and vacuumed out the EGR cooler. Still won't start. Threw in the towel and had the dealership come get it. Anyone know how much this is going to set me back!?!?
Yes sir that would be tone wheel or crank position sensor failure. You're at the target mileage.

tim5779

Nov 19, 2021
Truck Year
Ended up being the injection pump. Sent aluminum shavings through the entire system. Entire system has to be replace, all the way from the fuel pump to the injectors. $7,500

Longtime1876

May 7, 2022
Truck Year
Ended up being the injection pump. Sent aluminum shavings through the entire system. Entire system has to be replace, all the way from the fuel pump to the injectors. $7,500
Damn man, sorry to hear. Any warranty assistance?

tim5779

Nov 19, 2021
Truck Year
Damn man, sorry to hear. Any warranty assistance?
It's all covered actually...BUT 60% of the parts are on back order...6 to 8 months to get them in. I found every single part on Ebay motors, genuine Mopar, and they won't let me use them 🙄

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Hmmm never seen a CP4 throw " Check Electronic Throttle Control" on the screen. and oil pressure light" generally it triggers Rail Pressure codes.... and there's NO Aluminum Parts that rotate in the Direct Injection fuel system use on any Ram 3.0VM ( more like metallic debris). only the housing is cast Aluminum on CP4s.
1652886041150.png

tim5779

Nov 19, 2021
Truck Year
Hmmm never seen a CP4 throw " Check Electronic Throttle Control" on the screen. and oil pressure light" generally it triggers Rail Pressure codes.... and there's NO Aluminum Parts that rotate in the Direct Injection fuel system use on any Ram 3.0VM ( more like metallic debris). only the housing is cast Aluminum on CP4s.
View attachment 3745
Correct. Bearing failed so the impeller was shaving the housing

rcupps

Jan 2, 2020
Truck Year
Tone ring should be covered by the recall. I had to pay for mine$1200 but got reimbursed by Ram.