• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dead Eco Diesel engine at 51,000.

KennyP

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
my 2017 Dodge Echo Diesel blew the main seal on camping trip. Going up California coast the seal failed and I lost 11 1/2 quarts of oil in 1/2 mile. Had both truck and vintage Airstream Trailer tow back to LA. It took 7 weeks but Dodge finally totaled the engine. Since it is discontinued they ordered a new one which is coming from Italy. It will be here end of October and will be installed and ready end of November. Look at the loaner they gave me. Fun to drive but 11.3 miles to a gallon of gas. Way more expensive to drive than my truck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    467 KB · Views: 6

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
Man that's my worst nightmare. Lucky they are doing the work. Mine was significant cost to get back on the road. But it's been great.
We just started Airstreaming and planning a Cali trip this December - coming down from Vancouver BC. Current plan, first stop is Trinidad, not going too South (SF would be max) Any recommendations?
Here's my MPG towing a 27FB 2019 International. However just traded it in for a 27FBTGlobetrotter and quite a bit heavier.

IMG_3970.jpg

IMG_3978.jpg

Just put 1.5" spacers - handles much better. Came with BlueOx hitch setup

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
my 2017 Dodge Echo Diesel blew the main seal on camping trip. Going up California coast the seal failed and I lost 11 1/2 quarts of oil in 1/2 mile. Had both truck and vintage Airstream Trailer tow back to LA. It took 7 weeks but Dodge finally totaled the engine. Since it is discontinued they ordered a new one which is coming from Italy. It will be here end of October and will be installed and ready end of November. Look at the loaner they gave me. Fun to drive but 11.3 miles to a gallon of gas. Way more expensive to drive than my truck.

Glad you have the loaner.. some really get screwed and get nothing.

Are you planning on keeping the truck?

KennyP

Nov 24, 2019
Truck Year
Glad you have the loaner.. some really get screwed and get nothing.

Are you planning on keeping the truck?
I still haven’t gotten it back yet. They called me and said that it needed a new transmission as well. I am so over this truck. I will break the new engine in slowly and hopefully sell it. I should have gotten gasoline hemi in the first place. 🤮