• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealer incompetent or what? I just want my truck fixed

Apr 24, 2017
Truck Year
I've had my 14' eco for about a month. It has 23k miles. Second week of ownership it starts doing a regen back to back. As soon as it says it completes one within a mile it says it's 90% full again.
I drive 40ish miles a day, 35 of it on the interstate. Light comes on, I take it to the dealer. They clear the code and say I'm not driving it far enough at interstate speeds. I take it to a diesel mechanic, they diagnosis it and take it to the dealer and tell them what to do. Dealer orders a dpf filter and some other stuff. Takes a week for parts to come in. I've had the truck about a week since they installed those parts. Drove 360 miles with no regen, light comes on. Stop by dealer, they say it'll be 2 weeks before they can even look at it. As soon as I leave dealer a message comes up and says "Exhaust system 90%full" Well my 3/36 warranty expires Saturday, so I need this thing in the dealers hand pronto.
I call Chrysler and lady tells me to take it to a dealer that can work on it. Lady gives me a case number and tells me a case manager will contact me and they will escalate my file.
I took it to the one in the next town and that's where it spent the night. They tell me they've had an eco there a month and have no idea whats wrong with. claim they need a tool to test something that dodge doesn't have. This makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

My local dealer printed out a vip summary report. It shows everything done under warranty, boy howdy if I'd seen that before I would NOT have bought the truck. Here is the list

DPF at 23K
Sensor, diesel exhaust pressure 22K
Converter, catalytic at 22K
Filter, particulate-Regenerate at 21.6K
injector at 19.5K
injector at 19.4K
Valve, EGR at 19K
Module, ECM at 17K
Module, ECM 9K

I really like the truck. Just up in odds on what to do with it. Would a GDE tune fix it? How about a full delete?
thoughts or comments would be appreciated
Vince

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2017
Truck Year
DPF is less than 2 weeks old.

Benito

Sep 27, 2016
Truck Year
DPF is less than 2 weeks old.

Hello there.
It seems that we are in the same boat. I believe the GDE tune will fix the issue especially if you pick the straight pipe (Off road option).
I bought my truck brand new, and this issue seems to happen every 10K miles or so.
My brother in law owns a GMC Duramax and he countered the same problems (more often than my RAM actually).

We live in a county that doesn't require emission testing, his problems are gone as soon as he straight piped his truck.
I might have to go that route as well.
Keep us posted

1stdiesel

Aug 17, 2017
Truck Year
Having the same issue with my '15 with $69k miles. Over the past 6 weeks dealer has forced regen and reset codes several times but the check engine light and then exhaust filter full keeps coming back. They've replaced some sensors also. Today they told me Chrysler said to replace the "particular" which cost $3,000 bucks!! never heard of a particular. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway I'm out of warranty and am very hesitant to put $3k in a truck I have no faith in anymore after reading all the post. How long can you drive in limp mode? Hoping Chrysler will step up.

DieselDude

Oct 9, 2013
Having the same issue with my '15 with $69k miles. Over the past 6 weeks dealer has forced regen and reset codes several times but the check engine light and then exhaust filter full keeps coming back. They've replaced some sensors also. Today they told me Chrysler said to replace the "particular" which cost $3,000 bucks!! never heard of a particular. Maybe I misunderstood. Anyway I'm out of warranty and am very hesitant to put $3k in a truck I have no faith in anymore after reading all the post. How long can you drive in limp mode? Hoping Chrysler will step up.

I wouldn't pay that. I would delete it. If you live in a area that isn't really big into emissions testing (like California) then buy delete tuning from PPEI or GDE and get an exhaust. That should take care of your issues!