• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealer Knowldege?

Steve B

Sep 22, 2016
Truck Year
I purchased a 2014 Ecodiesel Limited and just had the first oil change done at the local dealer. Small town in Iowa. They used Dex 5w50 semi synthetic. My understanding it is supposed to be Rotella 5w40. Is this something I should be concerned about?

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
I purchased a 2014 Ecodiesel Limited and just had the first oil change done at the local dealer. Small town in Iowa. They used Dex 5w50 semi synthetic. My understanding it is supposed to be Rotella 5w40. Is this something I should be concerned about?
I would change it to the factory spec. Honestly, I would say it's your own fault though for not verifying the oil to be used prior to the service. Those small service stations seem to use whatever is in their barrel for every vehicle, usually 5W30.

Steve B

Sep 22, 2016
Truck Year
I discussed with them the new specs for oil and they said ok. I also discussed the possibility of changing the fuel filter and his first response was "I don't think it has a removable filter". It's a Chrysler dealership for God's sake. I have purchased the extended warranty from Chrysler so it will eventually be their problem to fix. If anybody is going to change it, it will be them. I paid them $140 to change it, if they have their head up their #$$ they can pay for it.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I also discussed the possibility of changing the fuel filter and his first response was "I don't think it has a removable filter".

Ouch.. that's scary. I would probably suggest to find a new dealer unfortunately.