• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEF fluid Gauge incorrect

Adamdj89

Nov 18, 2021
Truck Year
Recently, I got the "Exhaust Filter at 100% please see dealer." Put the truck in. Dealer told me DEF tank was empty. Strange because my gauge told me I had 1/3 tank left. Anyone else experienced this? What may have caused this? And if so how do you sort this out?
Looking for some tips or assistance.
New at this and not much people to get help from. Sad situation lol
Thanks y'all

Rigram

Aug 15, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yes my gauge never drops past 1/2. Dealer says nothing wrong when checked.
Apparently to fix the problem they have to replace the entire instrument panel.

DRC

Feb 16, 2021
Truck Year
Yes mine has been on 1/2 tank for about three months. I have tried to put fluid in but it runs back out the top. I have had 2 regent in the past three weeks. Now I have the same message that my "Exhaust filter is 100% fuel and need to see a dealer. So I hear you all!

EARL99208

Jul 7, 2021
Truck Year
Recently, I got the "Exhaust Filter at 100% please see dealer." Put the truck in. Dealer told me DEF tank was empty. Strange because my gauge told me I had 1/3 tank left. Anyone else experienced this? What may have caused this? And if so how do you sort this out?
Thanks y'all
Not to second guess your STEALERSHIP or you in anyway, but they tell you the DEF tank was empty or is it a possible plugged DEF injector that isn't putting any fluid into the exhaust to assist in the unplugging of the filter?
To replace or clean a injector is a hell of a lot cheaper to do then replace the gauge in your dash cluster or the damn tank.

Just a thought :unsure:

Adamdj89

Nov 18, 2021
Truck Year
Not to second guess your STEALERSHIP or you in anyway, but they tell you the DEF tank was empty or is it a possible plugged DEF injector that isn't putting any fluid into the exhaust to assist in the unplugging of the filter?
To replace or clean a injector is a hell of a lot cheaper to do then replace the gauge in your dash cluster or the damn tank.

Just a thought :unsure:
I said the same..the injector is probably blocked.....common sense heavily lacks at this dealership...

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks y'all
Just go buy a 2.5 gal bottle and fill it tell it overflows, then you know its full, many diesels don't have a gauge at all

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
DRC, You need to fine better sources for Info, WITECH/Alfa can reset the Gauge, both tools will allow stationary De-soot, You may need to place the Vehicle in de-soot mode 2-3 Times to clear the message. After acquiring the tool needed for stationary De-soot, you will need to drive it somewhat a few miles to allow another de-soot mode, Keep doing this until the tail pipe no longer stinks of soot.

Adamdj89

Nov 18, 2021
Truck Year
DRC, You need to fine better sources for Info, WITECH/Alfa can reset the Gauge, both tools will allow stationary De-soot, You may need to place the Vehicle in de-soot mode 2-3 Times to clear the message. After acquiring the tool needed for stationary De-soot, you will need to drive it somewhat a few miles to allow another de-soot mode, Keep doing this until the tail pipe no longer stinks of soot.
@TC Diesel This WITECH/Alfa tool is something that can be purchased by consumers, or is this Dealer only equipment...and if so...how mechanically inclined do.you have to be to still use it...... new at this so excuse my green questions...lol thanks for the info

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Alfa Android based can be purchased Store ,and OBD Dongle about $200.00 do your research on how to use, WITECH about $2.000.00 -$4.000.00

Alfa to next best tool to WITECH, its likely Your best option. I cannot same enough thanks to the developer on ALFA.