• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DEF?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I’m a wrench head so this has been researched. And the cleaning of the EGR as well. I’m ordering a bypass filter soon as well. Being proactive isn’t only smart, but to me it’s also fun. I have a CA rig so no delete can happen.
what do you do to clean the egr? i have gde, I've cleaned my map and diffuser tube, is there something else I should be cleaning in the egr?

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Send it to a friend in another state gde doesn't show on a scan. sofa king u can change it back to stock every two years he sells to commiefornia
The way I understand it GDE won’t sell to CA. And being CARB is at their throat they are now looking at the VIN. If the VIN shows it’s a CA rig they tell the out of state guy to bug off.
Once, if ever, GDE gets a CARB cert I’ll go for it. It should be able to get CARB certified. Just got to cough up the $$$$ to pay for the cert.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year
What California needs to do is vote and change the entire mess voters have created there.

I use water in my DEF tank. Nice and clean. Been doing that for over 100,000 miles. GDE.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
What California needs to do is vote and change the entire mess voters have created there.

I use water in my DEF tank. Nice and clean. Been doing that for over 100,000 miles. GDE.
Problem in Kalifornia is people (1/2 million illegals included) do vote. They vote for stuff like trains to nowhere, higher fuel tax, idiot politicians, no straws, no oil production, etc etc. It’s an idiotic place. If the nation stays going on a more conservative path I can see the day they’ll need to take control of Commieforia due to national defense.
Political rant off. LOL.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Send it to a friend in another state gde doesn't show on a scan. sofa king u can change it back to stock every two years he sells to commiefornia
GDE closed that "send to a friend" loophole. They now require a copy of the vehicle registration.
I had GDE and now have SFT and find it every bit as good as GDE.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
GDE closed that "send to a friend" loophole. They now require a copy of the vehicle registration.
I had GDE and now have SFT and find it every bit as good as GDE.
Yup. I’m kind of liking to SFT as well. I wonder how techie I got to be to do it? I can log in to my computer, but beyond that I’m lost. 😆😆😆

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just keep wishing it slides into the ocean
What is amazing is, geographically much of the state is pretty conservative. But LA and the Bay Area have the votes. And on a national basis that is very large proportion on votes.

ramfan

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year

So you just fill up your DEF tank with water? You don't put any DEF in at all?

ramfan

Aug 2, 2019
Truck Year
you don't need any chemicals, just steam. you'll be amazed at how much crystallization there is on the def injector, and how clean it comes out!

I bet if you had a def related issue, and brought it to the dealer, they'd charge you to drop the def tank, empty it out, purge the lines, refill it, then tell you they tested your DEF and it wasn't MOPAR DEF, blame it on that. Yet, 99% of the time, it's probably a plugged up injector which can be cleaned so easily, it's a 5 min job once you know where it is. This simple job should be in the maintenance manual!!
So where exactly is the injector?

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
No, you need to be running DEF, UNLESS you're tuned so that the system doesn't know if it's def or water.. If you're not tuned, the computer will start throwing codes. also depends if you live in a warm climate or cold, don't forget water freezes...

Follow the exhaust pipe from the motor, the first big cannister is the DPF, tucked up in behind the motor, just up from the transmission, keep going and you'll see the SCR, the DEF injector is right in front of it. Takes an allen key to open up the clamp careful not to open it too much or it'll break (good luck getting a dealer to sell you a new clamp. My dealer said it only comes with a new injector.. BS, I got the part number from the ecodiesel van and it's the same clamp. But in their books, you can't buy just the clamp. I ordered it online from somewhere else just in case I broke it.

Or watch Shawn's video on youtube, took me a while the first time locating it but once I knew what it looked like that helped.

bob1340

Jun 29, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
So where exactly is the injector?
Crawl under truck. There is 1/4 mile of muffler looking stuff under there. One of those gizmos has a screw in fitting that looks like it’s about 1”-1.25” in diameter screwed in sort of parallel to the exhaust pipe.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Yup. I’m kind of liking to SFT as well. I wonder how techie I got to be to do it? I can log in to my computer, but beyond that I’m lost. 😆😆😆
I had no problems but can see if a person is not computer oriented it could be a bit tricky. I've read posts where Jimmy, SFT owner, has walked the customer through every step over the phone. If you aren't sure, email or call them as they are very helpful.

CaptainMal

Oct 26, 2015
Truck Year

Been using water the last near 100,000 miles. GDE tuned.

Think it is the same with that SofaKing OBDII port tune also. Not sure.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

JohnnyMac

May 19, 2019
Truck Year
What is amazing is, geographically much of the state is pretty conservative. But LA and the Bay Area have the votes. And on a national basis that is very large proportion on votes.

Up North here in Wa state it's pretty close to the same. Had I1639 pass a while back (commie gun control initiative) where 35 of the 39 counties in the state voted against it, but because the Seattle area has the population of lefties, it passed.... My old Ruger 10/22 that my dad gave me 40 years ago is now an assault rifle in Wa state.

Sorry to hijack OP, but I feel your pain. Won't be long before the whole west coast will outlaw ECM tunes. Those of us in Oregon and Washington should get a tune now before it's too late....

automgt

Jun 14, 2019
Truck Year
I
I am new to modern diesels and DEF. How long does a tank of DEF last? I have 1500 miles on my 2018 model and the gauge is at about 98% still.
[/QUI have a 2014 1500 and I’ve found tank will last about 10,000 miles.