• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel additives

pull-do

Dec 5, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
My Ram parts guy sold me two bottles of BGG product, one is 244, a fuel system cleaner that he told me to pour into the fuel filter holder when I replace the filter. The other bottle is aBGG fuel conditioner he said to add to the fuel tank. Any concerns with filling the fuel filter with the BGG fuel system cleaner versus adding it to the fuel as per the directions?

I've used the BG products for a long time, I've always put the 244 straight to the fuel tank, it's a cleaner and other things, good product. The other is probably the lubricity additive.
Go to BG products website, all kinds of info there.
My .02

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks, I wound up pouring the cleaner directly into filter housing and didn't notice anything other than my bank account balance dropping. This stuff wasn't cheap!

pull-do

Dec 5, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
The 244 is a PM injector cleaner and combustion chamber, doubt you'll see earth changing movements, just keep your fueling system going.

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks, I wound up pouring the cleaner directly into filter housing and didn't notice anything other than my bank account balance dropping. This stuff wasn't cheap!
BG 244 is the Diesel Fuel system preventative maintenance much like 44K is for gasoline systems. BG DFC (Diesel Fuel Conditioner) is your constant usage products for diesel in various flavors, cetane boost, temperature, lubricity, etc. Good products that yes are very expensive and getting more so. We use BG products in the shop and are pleased with the results. With that being said we are testing other products for performance, one which is showing well is the Opti-lube line, as well as Stanadyne products, and some others. It is important to research whatever product you decide to use and local access is important. One recommendation is use a fuel stabilizer year round. Designed for diesel fuel not gasoline, most gasoline products are too corrosive and some are incompatible with your sensors.