• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel additives

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
Thanks John
I have that study on file somewhere, but I can't find it. Biodiesel.org has a retail locator on their website. I am lucky enough to have B99 available which makes it very economical as an additive. B20 is much more common. Of course you have to use much more which may or may not be economical depending on the price per gallon. I pay about $4.75 a gallon for the B99.
Theres only 1 station in Charleston that sells it and it's somewhere I never go. Have to stick with an additive

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Borbet

Jul 4, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I keep 2 five gallon cans in the garage. I only add 25 to 50 ounces to a tankfull, depending on vehicle. It lasts me months and I drive a lot.
My source is 45 miles away. I think it is worth it. When VW TDIs were popping HPFPs it was blamed on US diesel lubricity. Mine went 200k

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Just a few years ago Bio-Diesel was the rage. Now only location I know of near me is in Oklahoma City, I have found two locations there selling 5%. Truck runs great on it but loses a mile or two in mpg.
After reading the study posted I remember reading it years back after the comment period for introduction of ULSD, and its ultimate introduction, but had forgotten about it. Good information.

Michael Rivera

Apr 29, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I use Archoil's AR6200

Awhile back on another forum a member ran extensive tests and found the only one that had any measurable effect was HotShot's EDT (He did not test AR6200). I have tried EDT and now run an Archoil & Hotshot mixture. I use a 16oz bottle and put in 4 oz of AR6200 with 12 oz EDT.

Can't say I had any noticeable improvements in anything, I'm doing it purely for preventative maintenance purposes.
I do exactly the same....Archoil/HotShot combo. Archoil every fill and HotShot every few months.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Andrew Bolinger

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
I run hot shot edt every tank then every oil change do the hothot extreme. Now im new to the game and could be doing it wrong. Just want to make sure i keep injectors and pump good.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Les Cole

Jul 27, 2018
Do I need to use a diesel additive with the EcoDiesel? If so when and what should I use only have 1000 mikes on the truck?
Thanks
I use Hot Shot EDT every fill-up, Hot Shot Extreme Diesel every 4-months and Hot Shot Stiction every oil change. So far, no issues. Good stuff with helpful support if needed.

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
I use Hot Shot EDT every fill-up, Hot Shot Extreme Diesel every 4-months and Hot Shot Stiction every oil change. So far, no issues. Good stuff with helpful support if needed.
I started with EDT and just used the extreme. I feel like theres a difference.

Andrew Bolinger

Jun 25, 2018
Truck Year
Do you guys think the stiction remover by hot shot is wourth it. Or is rotella good enough by itself.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So I went to the Costco fueling station today to fill my truck up as I will be taking a trip here in the next couple of days.
I have been running Stanadyne for the last couple of tanks. I haven't noticed any difference but I really didn't expect to, doing it as a kind of preventative thing to increase lubricity due to the low sulfur fuel. (learned from this forum, thank you all)
Costco recently replaced their pumps and put some new informational stickers on them. The new stickers declare that the diesel fuel at Costco is 5% biodiesel. (apparently good for lubrication also) I asked the attendant about it and he also told me that when the trucks come in to deliver they add a product "on site" called lubrizol.
Has anybody ever heard of this anywhere else? Is it standard practice?
Thanks in advance

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
So I went to the Costco fueling station today to fill my truck up as I will be taking a trip here in the next couple of days.
I have been running Stanadyne for the last couple of tanks. I haven't noticed any difference but I really didn't expect to, doing it as a kind of preventative thing to increase lubricity due to the low sulfur fuel. (learned from this forum, thank you all)
Costco recently replaced their pumps and put some new informational stickers on them. The new stickers declare that the diesel fuel at Costco is 5% biodiesel. (apparently good for lubrication also) I asked the attendant about it and he also told me that when the trucks come in to deliver they add a product "on site" called lubrizol.
Has anybody ever heard of this anywhere else? Is it standard practice?
Thanks in advance
5% biodiesel shouldn't need any additives at all. It's apparently the best lube there is

Wyoeco

Jul 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I reached out to Hot Shot about what they reccomend on my new 18. They recommend EDT or anti-gel depending on temperature and to start using FR3 at 10k.

Bgbdwlf2500

Jun 24, 2018
Truck Year
I reached out to Hot Shot about what they reccomend on my new 18. They recommend EDT or anti-gel depending on temperature and to start using FR3 at 10k.
EDT and diesel extreme seem to work well. Mine is a 17 with 7300 miles

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Being in Arizona I run Amalgamated TDR-FL,..started in my 2015 for 35,000 miles every other tank, never any issues with, injectors or the fuel system. Stayed fairly clean.
Running the same in my new 2017. Seems to perk it up a little too with the Cetane boost.

mas1500

Aug 13, 2018
Truck Year
mopar ecodiesel recommended the Hot Shots Secret Diesel Extreme. Cheap insurance IMO, Ive been using EDT every other full tank, but no soot preventative. Literally last night, I ordered a couple of the 2-quart bottles for $30 from SUMMIT, $10 less than Amazon. This guy Shawn/Sean (now deceased, I believe) was super passionate about the ecodiesel, very forthcoming and spoke like a regular dude in super detailed, captivating & helpful videos. Huge loss. I seem to recall in one vid him describing his job as being something like a "for hire/spot long haul trucker" doing something like 15K miles per month on his ED. DPF and EGR soot buildup issues got to his ED quickly, Id say he knew better than FCA what he was talking about.
Second vid link is also a super helpful series from Ram EcoDiesel Source

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...MIvP7cld-i3QIVSVmGCh0d6gcXEAQYBCABEgJyGPD_BwE

Nanooser

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
My Ram parts guy sold me two bottles of BGG product, one is 244, a fuel system cleaner that he told me to pour into the fuel filter holder when I replace the filter. The other bottle is aBGG fuel conditioner he said to add to the fuel tank. Any concerns with filling the fuel filter with the BGG fuel system cleaner versus adding it to the fuel as per the directions?