• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Diesel owner with a problem

kevinfeco

Mar 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hey guys, I have owned a few diesel trucks over the years and one diesel car that I still have. overall, I've had pretty good luck. I recently had a problem with my Ram Ecodiesel with glow plug failure. I joined the forum as it was the only place I found that helped me identify where and how to replace the glow plug. So, now that I know where to look, I'm going to check the glow plug tonight and see if it's a glow plug problem or a relay problem. Does anyone know if the normal .6 to 1 OHM resistance applies to the glow plugs on the Ecodiesel for testing?

kevinfeco

Mar 25, 2019
Truck Year
Finally got some time to work on this. I got the plug out. took about 20 min of back and forth with a lot of PB Blaster. I checked the GP with an ohm meter. it's showing about .5 ohms. I'm trying to rule out the plug or the glow plug module. Does anyone know what these should test at?