• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Disappointed in the ecodiesel

6.73.0 ram

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
My wife has had this truck for 3 weeks. Already been in the shop for a CEL pertaining to low voltage, now it sits there for a bad egr valve. The truck doesn't even have 1200 miles on it yet. Hope it isn't a sign of how things will be with thing. Anybody else deal with these kind of issues early on in there ecodiesel?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
My wife has had this truck for 3 weeks. Already been in the shop for a CEL pertaining to low voltage, now it sits there for a bad egr valve. The truck doesn't even have 1200 miles on it yet. Hope it isn't a sign of how things will be with thing. Anybody else deal with these kind of issues early on in there ecodiesel?
Some are just kinda bad apples from what I can tell. Mechanically mine has been flawless for 32,000 miles. Only had a water leak from a pinched sunroof drain and that's it.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Just as JDN said, sometimes you're just unlucky. Since it's failed this early, its just bad parts. I would say you should be good to go down the road. Stay here and read up on the motors. Welcome to the site!

6.73.0 ram

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
Just as JDN said, sometimes you're just unlucky. Since it's failed this early, its just bad parts. I would say you should be good to go down the road. Stay here and read up on the motors. Welcome to the site!
I hope that's it. Guess I've been spoiled by my trouble free Cummins.

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
I predict you have a lot of truck lovin' coming your way as soon as these gremlins are exorcised......

6.73.0 ram

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
Finally got it back!! Three days and no CEL!! Woohoo! Baxter RAM in Lincoln took good care of us. They gave the wifey a new ecodiesel Laramie the first week, a Jeep patriot the second week and a base model bighorn the last week.
Our salesman Christian Clark also has the dealership pick up most of the tab on getting running boards and the front windows tinted.
They also are going to install a new windshield on there dime because of a Rick chip it got while in there possession.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Finally got it back!! Three days and no CEL!! Woohoo! Baxter RAM in Lincoln took good care of us. They gave the wifey a new ecodiesel Laramie the first week, a Jeep patriot the second week and a base model bighorn the last week.
Our salesman Christian Clark also has the dealership pick up most of the tab on getting running boards and the front windows tinted.
They also are going to install a new windshield on there dime because of a Rick chip it got while in there possession.

Great to hear your back on the road. Sounds like a good dealer.. others aren't so lucky to have a great one!