• The official site for FCA settlement information and questions is located at https://www.ecodieselsettlement.com/
  • Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Does anyone know of the Z46 recall and when a fix is coming from Ram 2015 ecodiesel ?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hotshots products, especially their EDP

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Well, here I am again. 🥴
As some may recall, my engine went bang at 97,500 miles and fortunately, it was replaced under the extended warranty I had purchased, good for 100K.

Now, I have 104K miles (total) on the truck and 7K on the new engine, and DUH, new sounds from the engine associated with accelerating and de-accelerating. Started on Wed. and last night, on the way to dinner, still had the noise, but added a slight smell of diesel. On the way home, the large smell of diesel.

No fuel on the ground and don't see any on the engine but certainly smells of fuel. Even had to roll the windows down to keep from getting a headache.

Called the dealership and guess what. They say there is no recall for my 2015 truck. I have the recall letter and the add-on info about replacing with existing pump until replacement parts are available but they say they show no recall for it.

Can't believe that the new engine WITH a new HPFP would go bad that fast (7K miles), but certainly looks like it. I have an appt for Tuesday and I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Have a Very special appt to see our grandson at college where he is the lead in a major performance, IN CHICAGO. Looks like I may not be able to make it.

Ecodiesel18

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
Well, here I am again. 🥴
As some may recall, my engine went bang at 97,500 miles and fortunately, it was replaced under the extended warranty I had purchased, good for 100K.

Now, I have 104K miles (total) on the truck and 7K on the new engine, and DUH, new sounds from the engine associated with accelerating and de-accelerating. Started on Wed. and last night, on the way to dinner, still had the noise, but added a slight smell of diesel. On the way home, the large smell of diesel.

No fuel on the ground and don't see any on the engine but certainly smells of fuel. Even had to roll the windows down to keep from getting a headache.

Called the dealership and guess what. They say there is no recall for my 2015 truck. I have the recall letter and the add-on info about replacing with existing pump until replacement parts are available but they say they show no recall for it.

Can't believe that the new engine WITH a new HPFP would go bad that fast (7K miles), but certainly looks like it. I have an appt for Tuesday and I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Have a Very special appt to see our grandson at college where he is the lead in a major performance, IN CHICAGO. Looks like I may not be able to make it.
Try to get a loaner from dealership or rent a car. I would not expect dealership to fix it quick or for jeep stelantis to apologize. If engine is bad you may be waiting for months. I am on my 2nd replacement engine after waiting for months and only 53000miles. Pathetic. New shipment coming in January but they will go fast if any extra left. Engine is terrible. Cranks not forged correctly in most of them and rod bearings going. All of these should be scrapped and bought back or replaced for ecodiesel 3 (the last generation that fixed all the 2014-2019 version 2). This engine needs another class action lawsuit. Jeepcares is no help. Just this year been out of a vehicle for 6 months and 3 weeks later now still out 4 more months and maybe get one in January 2024. It is like the early 1900s with engine failures just embarrassing.

Paully

Jan 4, 2024
Truck Year
The pump in the Eco is definitely a problem. Mine is associated with the Z46 recall. My truck has only been drivable 8 out of the past 92 days. It’s been to the dealer twice. It’s currently been parked at my house the past 34 days. First go round at the dealer they blamed a WIX fuel filter and charged me $1,346 out of pocket saying it wasn’t covered under warranty since it didn’t have an OEM filter. Can’t really argue much there. But, less than 24 hours after I had it back the same thing happened. Truck shut off going down the highway. Hesitated to start. Let it cool off and it finally started. I was three miles from the dealer. Called the dealer and they said to see if it will make it, if not, we’ll send a tow truck. Took two intervals to make it those 3 miles. Dealer got approval from Dodge to replace my HPFP with a new , but still recalled HPFP (this took 5 weeks and was only given a courtesy truck for 3 weeks at the tail end after practically having to beg for one). 7 days later the new HPFP failed. Opened a claim with FCA/Dodge and was told not to take it to the dealer. This was 30 plus days ago. I’ve since been paying out of pocket for rentals. Suppose to be getting reimbursed for rentals as well as the first repair. Haven’t seen a dime yet. My case manager is useless. Doesn’t answer or return my calls and has been taking about 8 days to respond to emails. Avoids any questions I ask and only acknowledges she has received my receipts for reimbursement. Hope nobody else is dealing with this because it’s a nightmare. Haven’t been given any timeline on a remedy or solution. I’m out of a drivable vehicle with an open claim and just as lost on the solution as John and Steve. Any advice on what I should do? I’ve hit the $10K mark on out of pocket expenses. I’ll let you know if I get any updates. 3 months and so far this situation is regressing.
Similar situation here.
Any advice is appreciated.

Paully

Jan 4, 2024
Truck Year
It may not be a problem for u but as someone who is making payments on a truck that’s sitting dead at the dealership waiting on a hpfp that fca won’t pay to replace, it’s a problem for a lot of people
Experiencing same issues with mine.

Paully

Jan 4, 2024
Truck Year
I had no idea about the recall, I bought my truck 2 weeks ago. A week and a half in had to have it towed. Day before had check engine light checked that came on it was the fuel pump. Found recall, called dealership, towed it there only to find out that there is no fix. They said there are shavings all through fuel system. Now I'm stuck with a truck making payments and no solution.
Same here.
What steps do I take now?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Same here.
What steps do I take now?
There is a fix. Depends on your warranty. If in warranty the dealer is required to fix it with a current HPFP and replace all the affected fuel system components, clean the fuel tank, And then do the recall when the new pump is available. If no warranty you may be screwed. You bought it two weeks ago from a dealer, there must be some guarantee or ability to return it and get your money back. If you bought it from an individual you may get whole in small claims court. In any case, it's a bum situation. Let us know how it turns out.

Paully

Jan 4, 2024
Truck Year
There is a fix. Depends on your warranty. If in warranty the dealer is required to fix it with a current HPFP and replace all the affected fuel system components, clean the fuel tank, And then do the recall when the new pump is available. If no warranty you may be screwed. You bought it two weeks ago from a dealer, there must be some guarantee or ability to return it and get your money back. If you bought it from an individual you may get whole in small claims court. In any case, it's a bum situation. Let us know how it turns out.
We bought it from our local dealer. I’m sure that they cleared all the codes before I took it for a test drive.
Seemed to run fine so we made the deal. I was informed about the recall when I signed but was told there wouldn’t be any problems. We drove it about 1500klms before the cel came on. It’s been at the dealer ever since. (Approximately 2weeks). Made the first payment on the 15th of January but still no resolution. The dealer provided a 30 day warranty on parts.
They told me the issues are directly related to the recalled pump.
I guess I just have to wait.

BowAholic

Jul 29, 2019
Truck Year
For those of you dealing with HPFP issues and wanting more info on the recall, here is some info based on what I've been dealing with for the past several months. Contrary to some of the comments in this thread, more and more of HPFP failure cases are mounting and there is NO permanent fix. A class action lawsuit has been filed (Fielding v. FCA US LLC., 2:23-cv-10691), however it has not been settled or certified to formally proceed as a class action at this time (these things can drag on for years, and usually end in settlement). Here is a good article covering the status of that lawsuit:

That said, what can we do? I was advised to first file a claim with NHTSA. You can (and should) do that here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle

The more cases get reported to NHTSA, the more likely action will be taken. NHTSA absolutely knows about this issue, but they can only go off the data that is reported, so if you're dealing with this issue, please file a complaint!

Here is a reduced outline of my situation:
- My 2015 RAM 1500 with 88k miles breaks down at 70 mph back in August. Get it towed to dealership.
- Two weeks later, dealership claims the issue was "fuel contamination" b/c of a dirty fuel filter with debris and "rust" in housing and quote me $21k to repair.
- I requested additional info, including a fuel test, but they refused and placed a "restriction" on my vehicle.
- I filed a claim with FCA/Stalantis. Went through 4 claims "managers" and got nowhere, apparently b/c of the "restriction."
- I then filed an insurance claim. They did an independent investigation, including collecting a fuel sample from the truck, interviewing the dealership, running vehicle history, and investigating last fuel station I filled up at. They ultimately determined it was NOT fuel contamination and pointed at the HPFP recall.
- I've consulted legal advice (in progress) and filed a complaint with NHTSA.
- At this point I'm in limbo and trying to decide on my next course of action.

If you're going through this, I feel your pain! Stay persistent and exhaust all options you can. EcoDiesel owners have been through too much (I believe I'm on my 18th recall) over the years for this not to be rectified.

Good luck!
Thank you for all of the good information. My 2014 only has 60K miles but I want this recall done before I have a problem. I did go to the NHTSA site you linked and would have filed a report, but it reads like I can only file one AFTER it quits working...? My wife did send them a handwritten letter last month complaining about the fact that it has been over a year since we got the recall letter and nothing has been done. I will keep checking here to see if any progress has been made.