• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco Diesel blowup

Steve Little

Dec 5, 2017
Truck Year
Hey, I joined to share my experience with my 2014 eco diesel ram.

Engine blew up a week ago at 70 k miles (112 k km's). Out of warranty but Dodge agreed immediately to replace it. Metal parts in the oil, suspect a cam gear disintegrated but also had low oil pressure briefly flash.

Replacing with a new engine under "goodwill" to the customer. won't be done for a week but does anyone know what to expect about warranty on new engine if any?

thx in advance
Steve

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
In my opinion. Consider yourself lucky they are doing it out of warranty! Welcome to the site.

I'm not sure on your warranty question. Maybe someone else can chime in around that.

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
Hey, I joined to share my experience with my 2014 eco diesel ram.

Engine blew up a week ago at 70 k miles (112 k km's). Out of warranty but Dodge agreed immediately to replace it. Metal parts in the oil, suspect a cam gear disintegrated but also had low oil pressure briefly flash.

Replacing with a new engine under "goodwill" to the customer. won't be done for a week but does anyone know what to expect about warranty on new engine if any?

thx in advance
Steve
Are you in Canada? I only ask because of your "out of warranty" comment; though I thought Canada's power train was 120k km. As for new engine warranty, usually it assumes the remainder of your warranty. I don't know what it would be if there is no more powertrain warranty on the vehicle.

Steve Little

Dec 5, 2017
Truck Year
Are you in Canada? I only ask because of your "out of warranty" comment; though I thought Canada's power train was 120k km. As for new engine warranty, usually it assumes the remainder of your warranty. I don't know what it would be if there is no more powertrain warranty on the vehicle.
Hi, yes I am in Canada. Power train in USA is 100k miles, Canada is 100kms (63k miles). They've now replaced it with a new 2018 engine for free based on a "Goodwill" warranty but they will not warranty the new engine which I'm told its the norm. My guess is that they said yes within an hour of my providing oil change history that was complete, and they have had failures with cam gear in the 2014's (which broke in mine), that this was a normal replacement. thx again for replying, Steve

Zachary

Oct 22, 2017
Truck Year
That warranty policy makes no sense (100k miles and km). Glad they replaced it under warranty! Hopefully there have been design/QC improvements to help with longevity. Best of luck.

Marl Ward

Jan 9, 2018
Truck Year
Wow that is impressive but what I dont understand is in the US we have 100,000 mile and Canata 120,000km seems they should have equivalent 100,000 mile converted to km very interesting but it is certainly encouraging that they did the right thing.

Steve Little

Dec 5, 2017
Truck Year
thanks. they replaced it and I was having problems with engine again. So they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse so I switched back to a Hemi.
as an fyi I received about 20% less than my original purchase price in 2014 as my trade. I really wonder if they are looking to get the older ones off the road due to the class action lawsuit now in place.