• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Eco Diesel engine fires

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Since you like to think you know it all, can you tell me how many owners had their oil analyzed after the fire? I didn't think so. Lol.

Afterall, it does make sense for FCA to claim there's a risk of fire I guess to boost their reputation.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
John, First, the EGR cooler leaks would should up long before enough coolant form in the Plenum, We are Talking PPM 1 ppm = 0.00016035860569078 oz , Their 10,000s OA done on Eco's literally 100s posted and NO sign of internal leaking. Yes I have talk to many that did OA trends prior to the Fire that burned up their ED, If memory serve Me correctly BoBcat93 had a history of OAs and NO sign of leaking., In order for the soot to get laden with coolant it would take time to absorb it, or if it was all at once the engine performance would suffer.... NONE of the on road fires drivers have claimed lack of performance prior to fire.

John their are likely to be leaky EGR I agree with you on that but its not causing 100% of the fires Like I mentioned maybe 2-3% at Best.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No objection from me, If you want to break forth from correct understandings, you most likely are a candid for Covid-19, Fiat claims they have the fix for it, but the vaccine not available. Its your life and truck read My signature.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I think it’s all a bunch of bs, open a recall and offer no fix for a while, eventually they’re all gonna blow up and the owners will get fed up with them and go buy a new vehicle. Got another important recall notification about my tailgate latch, whoooo!!!!

Attachments

• DBDF36FA-E008-45A9-ABDA-EFCC4FD1D73E.jpeg
    DBDF36FA-E008-45A9-ABDA-EFCC4FD1D73E.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 6

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Tremper126, its hard to say when and How many will expreince the leak or how much it will leak, What for sure any reasonable person that knows how to think, instead of allowing yourself what to think knows if it was as simple as replacing the exchanger with just another, the replacement would have been deployed in the recall.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
True, but opening a recall and advising me to “monitor my coolant levels” while I twiddle my thumbs, is a bit aggravating. Now I’m fortunate enough that mine fell off not too long ago so the recall at this point in my life is not necessary, but for others this recall means that they’re daily driver has now become even more of a worry than wondering when the bottom end is going to blow. All ya can do is hope others egrs start to fall off, and maybe they’ll just offer everyone a new Cummins 2500 swap out. Or just pay off my loan and I’d be happy too. Until then I just make my monthly payments and hope she holds together 🙃

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I hear Ya Tremper126, and your concerns have merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.