• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ECO DIESEL

klinder

Jan 17, 2020
Truck Year
I bought a new 2016 eco diesel and I didn't have any issues until it had about 98,000 Km. Failed EGR cooler and melted intake manifold with a cracked fuel line hence the recall for possible engine fire. only issues I had so far. I waited 2 months for the warranty parts and finally got it fixed. Had my truck one day then got t-boned, truck was write off. Dealer in my town had a 2018 eco diesel outdoorsman with basically the sport package so I bought it with 20,000 km. Hence why I joined the group. Tell tail sign that the ego cooler was going to fail was a very long lag in the power when starting to accelerate almost 3-4 seconds worth. Then I lost 6 litres of coolant and they pressure tested and couldn't find the leak. When they pressure tested I believe the engine was cold so the 3 way valve didn't open allowing coolant to the EGR cooler hence no leak at the time. Any how I hope I didn't get a lemon other then as we know the emissions control is shit and the cause of most of these issues. I had an appointment to do a full delete on my 2016 then written off. Wish me luck for round 2.

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I had elevated engine temperature and excessive cooling fan action when my EGR cooler failed. The dealer service department was in the loop and replaced the EGR cooler and got the truck back to me within 24 hours. I expect the part will fail again as it was replaced before the recall. I keep my engine and transmission specs on my DIC on my dash. Elevated temp means dealer service department...