• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel air ride lift/level

krisboger1

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Hi,
I just purchased a 1500 ecodiesel with air ride...does anyone know if a small (2" max) lift/leveling kit can be installed without affecting the air ride system?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The overall word is, "No". But I'm not 100% sure, I know most lift and leveling kits are made for the trucks without the air suspension. Maybe someone else here can chime in

krisboger1

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks ya'll!
This thing is so new, no one seems to have any idea...Utah, that link you sent from Rough Country specifies it does not fit air ride models...Boost, I'm with you, everyone says "No...but we're not sure"...UGH!!! I am very torn here! I just traded a '14 Ram 1500 Hemi in on this Eco/air ride because I really like diesel engines...Starting to confirm my insanity in this trade! It's the Mossy Oak Edition and I really hope the mileage pays off with this diesel!

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks ya'll!
This thing is so new, no one seems to have any idea...Utah, that link you sent from Rough Country specifies it does not fit air ride models...Boost, I'm with you, everyone says "No...but we're not sure"...UGH!!! I am very torn here! I just traded a '14 Ram 1500 Hemi in on this Eco/air ride because I really like diesel engines...Starting to confirm my insanity in this trade! It's the Mossy Oak Edition and I really hope the mileage pays off with this diesel!

I've been looking at the bilstien 5100. You can buy just front ones for leveling or they make a set for the rear to give you another inch in back as well. I'm not 100% sure if they would work for air ride?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
None of the above stated options Work on the air ride but there is an option that does.

Google search for adjustable air links for the ram.

They make 4 corner adjustable links to replace the factory casted links so you can tweak the ride of the truck. Ones available for both lift or lowering depending if you wish to raise your front to level or (mostly for 2wd application) lower the rear to level.

The Auto leveling uses the load sensors attached to the links to raise or adjust the truck accordingly, this just alters the factory distance to any height you want to adjust it to. I'll look and attach a link later.

So for anyone looking to alter the stance of their truck with factory air suspension this is your option.

It does state that you can do a total lift up to I believe 2" but it may effect or disable offroad 2 because it will max out the sensors. But it's a great option to clear larger tires or just level your stance!

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Here is the link to the adjustable links for leveling the front. Or slightly lifting the truck.

Utilizes the factory suspension just tricks the sensor to be able to change the height.

So it's a minimally invasive lift or level.

http://www.adjustableairride.com/mobile/car.php?id=44

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year
Here is the link to the adjustable links for leveling the front. Or slightly lifting the truck.

Utilizes the factory suspension just tricks the sensor to be able to change the height.

So it's a minimally invasive lift or level.

http://www.adjustableairride.com/mobile/car.php?id=44

jdn....I'm a little confused by this link, not sure what the $299 price tag is for. If you click on the PDF Install Guide, he's telling you to remove and cut off some of the ride height adjustment rod (which makes sense). Just not sure what the $299 is for.

Mar 13, 2016
Truck Year

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
You replace the solid (cast) oem link with an adjustable threaded one. Think of an after market sway bar vs an o.e one. Links become adjustable by replacing them with what are essentially large adjustable bolts.

This allows you to extend the length of the distance between the control arm and the body with the level sensors not recognizing a change. Therefore it will over inflate and or deflate the airbags to compensate just as it would to go from entry to normal to off road 1 or 2

Hope this clarifies?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It's good for a 1-2" lift and or a level which has become so standard for owners in the Truck world that do not wish to have oversized tires and want to maintain on road mannerisms.

A 4" 2200$ in parts alone lift to clear 35's is too much for me. Factory clears stock 33's, you can level the front for $300 + an alignment and go from a 60 series to a 65 series tire (quoting 20" rims here) which is a 34 and clear just fine. Still maintain the ability to raise the Truck a little extra with factory when necessary. Have a reasonable loading height to the bed.

If you're looking to do a big lift and big tires than the $3000 factory air suspension was probably not the right decision. Coils take to alterations much easier.

William Molina

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
It's good for a 1-2" lift and or a level which has become so standard for owners in the Truck world that do not wish to have oversized tires and want to maintain on road mannerisms.

A 4" 2200$ in parts alone lift to clear 35's is too much for me. Factory clears stock 33's, you can level the front for $300 + an alignment and go from a 60 series to a 65 series tire (quoting 20" rims here) which is a 34 and clear just fine. Still maintain the ability to raise the Truck a little extra with factory when necessary. Have a reasonable loading height to the bed.

If you're looking to do a big lift and big tires than the $3000 factory air suspension was probably not the right decision. Coils take to alterations much easier.
So I shouldn't have a problem getting 20x14" rims on 33s or 34?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So I shouldn't have a problem getting 20x14" rims on 33s or 34?
You want to go from the factory 9" wide wheel to a 14" wheel? I guess it'd all depend on offset. But that's a lot of meat to be turning.

And I've got no idea what size tire you plan on running...

William Molina

Aug 9, 2016
Truck Year
You want to go from the factory 9" wide wheel to a 14" wheel? I guess it'd all depend on offset. But that's a lot of meat to be turning.

And I've got no idea what size tire you plan on running...
I think I may do 34x12" tires with 20"

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
So a 275/65/20? It's 34x11" wide but pretty much to the dimensions you asked. Hoping you don't mind a 10ply tire for comforts sake

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
275/65R20 fit fine with the factory air ride, no adjustable links needed. With the right wheel 295/60R20 fit on a stock air ride equipped truck.

bill jackson

Nov 9, 2017
Truck Year
All parts available on _mazon for around $50:

Elbow Joint, 10mm Ball/Sckt 15mm M5 Thrd

J.W. Winco 5NXF1/B DIN71802 Ball Joint, 8 mm Diameter, M5 x 0.8 Tapped Right Hand Thread, M5 x 0.8 Threaded Shank, 10 mm Thread Length with Safety Catch

Metric M5x0.8mm Stainless Steel Finished Hex Nut Silver Tone 50pcs

Uxcell M5 x 190mm 304 Stainless Steel Fully Threaded Rod Bar Studs Fasteners 5 Pcs

2016 has one 8mm and one 10mm each side.
Make sure the rod end is the same size M5