• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel blown engine

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
Hello to all, I am wondering if any of you have delt with a blown ecodiesel 3.0 engine?
I had just purchased a 2017 with 81,000 miles.
On 4/31/22 on our way back to Wisconsin from Texas my engine froze up. It started knocking and luckily we were right at an exit to get off the freeway. Just in time for it to stop running and lock up.
My dealership from Wisconsin went to Illinois and brought it back to Wisconsin. I did take out an extended warranty and they are going to replace it.
However they can't get a engine for 6-8 months they say that there are over 700 trucks ahead of me.
Anyone else waiting?
Also if there are trucks from 2014 up to 2022 needing engines HOW do they produce new engines for older vehicles when the retool the assembly lines to make the newer version.
Love my truck but can't wait.

Djkennyboi

Jul 20, 2022
Truck Year
Hello to all, I am wondering if any of you have delt with a blown ecodiesel 3.0 engine?
I had just purchased a 2017 with 81,000 miles.
On 4/31/22 on our way back to Wisconsin from Texas my engine froze up. It started knocking and luckily we were right at an exit to get off the freeway. Just in time for it to stop running and lock up.
My dealership from Wisconsin went to Illinois and brought it back to Wisconsin. I did take out an extended warranty and they are going to replace it.
However they can't get a engine for 6-8 months they say that there are over 700 trucks ahead of me.
Anyone else waiting?
Also if there are trucks from 2014 up to 2022 needing engines HOW do they produce new engines for older vehicles when the retool the assembly lines to make the newer version.
Love my truck but can't wait.
Hello I'm having same problem according to dodge see I only released 136 and they're over $786 people waiting on New motors and just like you I'm further down the list and it's looking like it's going to be a year neither the dealership or Dodge wants to do anything to help me out in this situation I was thinking about filing a class lock action lawsuit against them is there anybody else that you know may be going through it or have you considered the same thing

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
Hello I'm having same problem according to dodge see I only released 136 and they're over $786 people waiting on New motors and just like you I'm further down the list and it's looking like it's going to be a year neither the dealership or Dodge wants to do anything to help me out in this situation I was thinking about filing a class lock action lawsuit against them is there anybody else that you know may be going through it or have you considered the same thing
Not sure what can be done! Even a clas action lawsuit will take a year. They're covering mine under the extended warranty but in the mean time I'm making payments on a truck I can't drive.

Djkennyboi

Jul 20, 2022
Truck Year
I
Not sure what can be done! Even a clas action lawsuit will take a year. They're covering mine under the extended warranty but in the mean time I'm making payments on a truck I can't drive.
Yeah I did that I'm also making payments on the truck I can't drive that they're not trying to do anything to help us out during this situation

Djkennyboi

Jul 20, 2022
Truck Year
I

Yeah I did that I'm also making payments on the truck I can't drive that they're not trying to do anything to help us out during this situation
Yeah my engine is also covered under warranty but it also has a recall on the fuel pump and when I asked about the recall status on fuel pumps just saying there's no ETA on that as well

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Anyone that Purchases Ram VM 3.0 after 2016 makes a bone head move, that engine was failing at rates of a 100 to 250 Per week From Jan 1 2016 to DEC 2016 and the power plant still puking in 2022. Geez, it's been 6 years take the blinders off.

Djkennyboi

Jul 20, 2022
Truck Year
Man I got a 2017 EcoDiesel blown motor 68,000 miles on her and no time frame on when the new motor will be I'm.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Man I got a 2017 EcoDiesel blown motor 68,000 miles on her and no time frame on when the new motor will be I'm.
With the same rate/risk of failure in the replacement Motor. When the New one installed OAs from Day 1 it's the only possible way/warning of impending failure, OAs need trends to be accurately used.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Oil analysis.

Djkennyboi

Jul 20, 2022
Truck Year
Got you do you recommend any aftermarket programming or anything I can do when they finally get the motor in keep in mind it's going to be 6 to 8 months before the new motor gets installed or possibly a year

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
VM 3.0s are either Hero's or Zero's It simply the Design IMO, We build some serious power plants with HP up 4000, and none are bed plate. It may make it stronger but if it squirms or lifts its only time begore it pukes, this is Just one of the reasons they puke. Eventually production will cease on VM 3.0 on road, What! VM already dropped selling 3.0s in 7 Countries?

Djkennyboi

Jul 20, 2022
Truck Year
What's going to happen to the eco's in America? People are having to replace the motor multiple of times and it's really stupid that as customer you have to go through this

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
What's going to happen to the eco's in America? People are having to replace the motor multiple of times and it's really stupid that as customer you have to go through this
It's just too late for some, they just cannot reason correctly. Stop buying the 3.0VM, when the Hurricane motor starts production the VM 3.0 will Stop production ( if not sooner ), then all 3.0VM will be taking massive $$$$$ looses. I hope Boost starts/open a Hurricane forum ASAP, get a jump on that power plant.

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
It's just too late for some, they just cannot reason correctly. Stop buying the 3.0VM, when the Hurricane motor starts production the VM 3.0 will Stop production ( if not sooner ), then all 3.0VM will be taking massive $$$$$ looses. I hope Boost starts/open a Hurricane forum ASAP, get a jump on that power plant.
Do you know what the fuel mileage is going to be on the new hurricane motor? And do you know when it’s gonna come out in the pick up?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Do you know what the fuel mileage is going to be on the new hurricane motor? And do you know when it’s gonna come out in the pick up?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Regardless of what people say Now, in theory It should be a bomb, The hottest and rotates the fastest part on any engine that has a turbo is the turbo, 3 holes per turbo will increase the longevity of both, plus the performance advantage. I'm concerned about the lube thou.... You won't see be Running 0 or 30w. The Turbo bearings speeds are control by the viscosity, Lower viscosity the faster the bearings spin the hotter things get.... I'm sure both turbos' will have a speed sensor, and all vehicles have a speed odometer also Hmmmm. Lots of new Technoloy that's for sure, but I like that, Just think what were goona do to those HPPs and injectors? Turbo's, etc.