• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Check engine light P20ee-00

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Me too!! I've felt like a beta tester for this truck but I will have to say the dealerships have done their best to help me I have a feeling dodge rushed the 2014 models out without a lot of testing. I'll keep everyone informed if the CEL comes back on for the same or anyother issue.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Your only option is to drive to another dealer closer to you that has a diesel tech on site. That code comes back as an emissions code, here is a workorder I found for another EcoDiesel that had the same problem:

PUNCH #1 AND #2 CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON . CODE p2OEE-00 SCR NOX CATALYST EFFICIENCY BELOW THRESHOLD BANK 1 . CHECK BULLETINS AND STAR (FOUND BULLETIN NUMBER 18-045-14 ) (265PUNCI-11) PERFORMED DIAGNOSTICS FOR P2OEE. CHECKED DEF CONCENTRATION FOUND DEF FLUID OK AT 32.5%. REMOVED DEF INJECTOR AND PERFORMED INJECTOR QUANTITY MEASUREMENT TEST. TEST PASS AT 30ML. FOUND DECOMPOSITION TUBE IS PLUGGED WITH DEF CRYSTALLIZATION. CALLED JAMIL AT TECHLINE AND HE ADVISED TO CLEAN TUBE THOROUGHLY AND FLASH PCM TO LATEST SOFTWARE LEVEL. CAREFULLY CLEANED DECOMP TUBE. (265PUNCH2) FLASHED PCM TO LATEST SOFTWARE LEVEL. ALL OK NOW.

I read this same post on another forum. After reading it, my understanding is that the DEF system detects that is was not working at top efficiency possibly due to crystallization in the DEF line and/or injector. I do not drive a lot of miles (approximately 12 to 15K per year, so I suspected that this might be my problem. I cleared the code using my Edge Insight CTS, added additional new DEF, took the Truck for a 500 mile drive, and have not seen the problem since.
Hope the info helps.

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
Me too!! I've felt like a beta tester for this truck but I will have to say the dealerships have done their best to help me I have a feeling dodge rushed the 2014 models out without a lot of testing. I'll keep everyone informed if the CEL comes back on for the same or anyother issue.

@Nutt any update?

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
After my recent visitfor my 10k service which included an ECU reflash, the truck just threw a P20EE. Also noticed that remote start cancels after a few seconds. I think this is the way the truck reacts when there is an outstanding CEL in the computer.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
Sorry about taking so long on an update. I've put about 6000 miles on the truck since all the work from an earlier post with no problems or codes. I've made no changes in driving habits. There has been no noticeable difference in power or mileage before or after the work.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sorry about taking so long on an update. I've put about 6000 miles on the truck since all the work from an earlier post with no problems or codes. I've made no changes in driving habits. There has been no noticeable difference in power or mileage before or after the work.

Glad it's all working out Nutt! Keep us updated on the truck!

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Just after leaving the dealership for my 10k mile check in :) the truck got this code again. Decided to take the truck back as i cleared the code once before. Turns out tha Chrysler has an ecu flash for this and believe it or not it was dated today, May 27, 2015. Have at it...

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
Just after leaving the dealership for my 10k mile check in :) the truck got this code again. Decided to take the truck back as i cleared the code once before. Turns out tha Chrysler has an ecu flash for this and believe it or not it was dated today, May 27, 2015. Have at it...
Got the same CEL on Sunday. Back to the dealership on Thursday morning.

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
I had seen the same thing, but hearing how one gets there I figured I had to go through the motions.
Well...I'm getting a new SCR/DPF. Will be setting up an appt. to have it installed.
Oh. After clearing the CEL, it came back in less than a week.
This concerns me greatly as the truck is just turning a year old and has just gone over 10K miles. I need to know why the original SCR has failed before I can feel secure knowing that the new one will fix the problem and last.

ecodiesel1

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
I had seen the same thing, but hearing how one gets there I figured I had to go through the motions.
Well...I'm getting a new SCR/DPF. Will be setting up an appt. to have it installed.
This concerns me greatly as the truck is just turning a year old and has just gone over 10K miles. I need to know why the original SCR has failed before I can feel secure knowing that the new one will fix the problem and last.
Did the dealer give you a hard time about replacing it ?

Capri2200

Feb 25, 2015
Truck Year
No. Not at all. The dealer has been very goo d aboit it actually. The truck is scheduled yo get her new scr next Thursday.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year

Hope this works for you ,mine had 20,000 when the trouble started and they replaced the scr. I now have 28,000 but my concern is that it happens again after another 20,000 putting the total at 40,000 which would be over the 36,000 mile warranty giving them some wiggle room then again I worry to much at times

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hope this works for you ,mine had 20,000 when the trouble started and they replaced the scr. I now have 28,000 but my concern is that it happens again after another 20,000 putting the total at 40,000 which would be over the 36,000 mile warranty giving them some wiggle room then again I worry to much at times

Since you have the problem documented under the warranty period, I would hope you shouldn't have a problem moving forward if it does happen again.

On the plus side, if a EcoDiesel owner is out of warranty and the (Expensive) emissions equipment does break, we'll have options soon to remove it all together. Of course, if you live in a very emissions strict state that wouldn't work out well either.

Nutt

Feb 20, 2015
Truck Year
I live in Arkansas ,we don't even have vehicle inspections.