• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel cranks but no start

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Any guarantee from ford did u get the fix from fmc plus the money if so take it to the dealer

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
I have a good warranty for the truck I just live 30-40 min away from dodge dealership don’t know how much it would cost to tow it there

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
The only thing I don't think the sensor or ring is guaranteed neither is the fuel filter maybe u will get lucky and it will start after the fuel filter change Mopar sucks when they have to pay make sure u prime that filter well and get a cheap code reader

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
How will that warranty work if it's deleted? I think your on your own

It depends on the Dealer, if they tip FCA on deletes, it will be voided. This is my same reply.

Factory warranty Voided emissions

Maybe I can clear this UP, GM All makers Must meet the certification REQUIRED by Federal Law. The instant YOU delete / defeat ON/OFF road use (The only exception to this law is Race or off road competition) GM or your Dealer cannot (legally) even repair the Vehicle if it has State Plates.

Enforcement is the issue, Many times action is NOT taken when the warranty is voided, This is the parties involved discretion, MAKE NO mistake YOUR warranty is voided the instant you make defeat or delete steps to any component that’s needed to meet the certification.

Enforcement is the major part of any Law, if No enforcement then it’s a statement, if the parties involved decided to enforce the law it is now binding and absolute.

Your warranty cannot be Voided on all component's that have NO bridge or connection, Example NEW radio cannot void suspension components, but it sure can void ALL electronic communications. Enforcement is the key Part of any law or warranty. When disagreements arise, they are generally decided by arbitration or Judge.

This statement is close to 10 Years old.

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
I changed the oil and it started up. I’m having to wait till a part store gets the fuel filter in to change it which will be today

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I changed the oil and it started up. I’m having to wait till a part store gets the fuel filter in to change it which will be today
use a MOPAR fuel filter, don't put in an after market one... these are very sensitive injectors and expensive ones too...

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
It’s not an fca warranty it’s through my bank I financed through and it was a better warranty than anybody else would give me. I tried attaching a picture of the warranty but it wouldn’t let me

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
So a WIX oil filter won’t do. I seen a video on YouTube and said they were basically the same filter

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
I meant to say fuel filter. And just drove the truck down the road and it’s still doing the same thing. I think it’s starving for fuel. Probably was not changed before I bought the truck.

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
No Check engine light is on or any other warning lights are on. When I try to start the truck it hesitates to turn over which leads me to believe that it’s the fuel filter being clogged not allowing enough fuel to start or accelerate the motor

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
Now how do you guys get the fuel filter cap off I couldn’t find any type of wrench for it I was gonna be careful and use channel locks to take it off

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
You can use any Fuel filter temporally, the WIX oil filter is fine just don't leave it in past 10K Miles. Its a canister style filter... Changing Lube and its starts up, I don't see the connection....weird to say the least.

Last edited:

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
Yeah it hesitated to start up and going down the road i accelerated and it down shifted then stayed at 3,000 rpm felt like it had no power. It’s doing the same as before. But I don’t think the fuel filter was changed before I bought the truck. I’m having to wait till part store has a fuel filter today

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
OK..Good....

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
There is a special tool to change the filter Gino's garage sells them

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
The fuel filter doesn’t look that dirty won’t let me post a picture of it. But it seemed to help it. It starts right up doesn’t hesitate no more when accelerating. I’m hoping it fixed the problem