• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel cranks but no start

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
I will clean it next oil change I had to get a WIX fuel filter so I’m gonna get a better one to replace it. Do y’all recommend me put any type of fuel treatment stuff in it to clean the injectors just in case

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
The only treatment I use is for jelling on the winter in the fords we use it cetane from ford

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
i live in South Carolina so it usually don’t get cold enough to mess with the fuel

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
The fuel filter doesn’t look that dirty won’t let me post a picture of it. But it seemed to help it. It starts right up doesn’t hesitate no more when accelerating. I’m hoping it fixed the problem
the fuel filters collect water as well, have you ever drained the water out? Let's hope that was the fix... the outside may appear clean, but I believe there's a few layers. They recommend changing the fuel filter every 2nd oil change.

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
Where do you drain the water out. I’m sorry this is my first diesel motor vehicle I don’t know much about them

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
When you changed the filter the water at the bottom, the yellow screw drains the water.

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
Ok yeah I left it loose the whole Time I was changing the filter. How often should I drain it.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Thats a Million $ question, If you get water in Diesel (Beside emulsified) it almost needs to be drained within Hrs....IMO its mute and is only used to intact you have water.

Roland

Mar 29, 2016
Truck Year
You may have some dirty diesel fuel? Try some hot shot diesel extreme. It supposed to be the best cleaner for fuel system. There is some you tube made about it. You can buy it on Amazon

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Ok yeah I left it loose the whole Time I was changing the filter. How often should I drain it.

If I were you I would change the fuel filter again just to see if there was a bunch of junk in it. It might be a good idea to get an analysis done on the oil AND the fuel. Maybe a sample of the fuel between the filter and the tank just to see if you have some bad fuel or crap in your tank.
Just couple of thoughts

Shorty9311

Sep 7, 2019
Truck Year
I will look into that hotshot diesel extreme. My buddy said try Diesel Kleen+Cetane booster Cummins recommends it. I know it’s not a Cummins motor though

cds13ca

Jun 19, 2019
Truck Year
I will look into that hotshot diesel extreme. My buddy said try Diesel Kleen+Cetane booster Cummins recommends it. I know it’s not a Cummins motor though
use hot shots, I got a couple of bottles from O'Reily's. Great stuff, helps keep your dpf cleaner too.

Oct 15, 2022
Truck Year
I have a limited edition Ram 1500 eco diesel and I couldn't reset the oil change on the trucks computer, would that have anything to do with the truck not starting?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No.......