• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Emissions Problems

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Our facebook page has reported many members will emissions problems on their ecodiesel. For the community here, how many have had problems so far?

So far so good here!

Mobile4

Jan 21, 2014
Bumping this back up, seems on the facebook page a lot of people are still reporting issues?

ramtex

Sep 13, 2014
Truck Year
I had a problem with the engine light on due to catalyst sensor going bad at 8000 miles, took six weeks to get part (back order item). Hope no more problems. I was able to drive the truck, while the part was send to dealer.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I had a problem with the engine light on due to catalyst sensor going bad at 8000 miles, took six weeks to get part (back order item). Hope no more problems. I was able to drive the truck, while the part was send to dealer.

With the DPF going bad on some trucks, others haven't been so lucky. Ram does provide a rental, but still... you give 40K for a truck you shouldn't have to park it for a month because of back-ordered parts.

Nicholas

Nov 16, 2014
Truck Year
Here we go! I was an avid Ford F150 fan, but was disappointed in the EcoBoost Engines. Heard Horror stories about mileage and Turbo problems when towing. I wanted to replace my 2008 Crew Cab and always wanted a small diesel in a small truck, due to the fact that I tow band equipment in a 12 foot enclosed trailer on weekends, and two Harley Davidson' s to various US Destinations for recreation.
My cousin, A RAM dealer convinced me to switch to RAM, he had a loaded Big Horn that, lets say "Made me an Offer I couldn't refuse" Wife even agreed! Traded my 2008 and switch brands. First trip from NY to Pennsylvania and back, loved it! Ride comfort and 27 mpg, round trip, which included Highway, mountains and city driving. Would have averaged over 28, had i not encountered City traffic on way home.
Next trip, two bikes from NY to Myrtle Beach and Back. 24 mpg. The old Ford. 9 mpg at best on prior trips....SOLD!
Everything going well, 3,800 miles not a problem. Dec.13, 2014, go out in AM to haul band equipment, hit remote start, starts runs for a few moments stops. Didn't think anything about it. Maybe i hit remote by accident. Get in vehicle.........Dreaded CEL, I've been reading about. Call dealers, No appointments till way after New Year. One dealer has emergency appointments, guarantee of 72 hour turn around. I drop off. A day later, they call, no Problem. Need Computer update and new O2 sensor. A day for parts and you will be back on road. Great. Get truck back, drive 35 miles......CEL. Call dealer. Bring back in, check. Now tell me DEF nozzle is crystallized and I need new Exhaust Particulate Filter. Ask questions about DEF I'm using. Tell him Peak Blue DEF, they check my DEF, tests fine. Exhaust Particulate filter........2 week back order. Ok, wait! Can't understand how it went bad in 3,800 miles. Dealer states new design to filter. Filter gets to dealer a few days earlier, installed. Cleaned nozzle, 40 mile test ride by dealer, all ok! On my way again. Bring truck home, run a few errands, park in drive way and go away for weekend in another vehicle. Come home, get up Monday for work. Start vehicle......CEL. This time lasted 55 miles. Back to dealer. Check right away. Fuel Rail pressure sensor. No Problem, oh 5 days from Detroit to Dealer in NY. Chrysler escalated, my case to a case manager to over see repair of truck. Try to contact manager, in order to overnight part on my behalf, since this was the 4th trip to dealer in 4 weeks and loss of vehicle for over 2 weeks. Unable to contact till after part was already on way "Snail Mail" Voiced my displeasure, with Company Concern. Realized that Escalation of case is nothing more than "Lip Service" Got vehicle back this Friday. Put a bout 40 miles on it so far and no CEL. I have my fingers crossed, but no confidence. Love the Truck, the Mileage, ride and all. I just wish these engineers would get this thing whipped. Every article about this engine states its a winner, but due to these damn "Tree Huggers" and the EPA, they are ruining a clear winner! Here is hoping I'm past this!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Sorry to hear this Nicholas, I had a similar problem with GM on a new truck. The part was on backorder for 3 weeks and the dealer could do nothing for me they said. I called GM Customer service and they had me one in two days. I see you've went that far with Ram's customer service, hopefully they will help you out.

I agree on the EPA, they have really complicated things. We shouldn't have to be worrying about this problem.