• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel Engines on backorder with no delivery date

MarkT

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
My 2015 RAM1500 engine with 65K miles blew up on Aug 24, 2018. Similar story as i have seen on other blogs, small noise becoming louder and then suddenly lots of knocking and engine shutting down. No indicators from dashboard gauges until engine shut down (low oil). Pulled over and looked under the truck to find oil pool and trail. Checked dip stick, no oil registered.

Had towed to dealer and after pulling oil pan, found lots of "extra bonus parts". Not good. Eventually it was determined the engine needed to be replaced and would be done under the 100K mile powertrain warranty.

HERE IS THE RUB.....Truck has been at the dealer for a month now and they are telling me replacement engines are on backorder with no delivery date. I just called again today (Sep26) and got the same story, engine on backorder and don't know when we will have a replacement. I had to buy a used car so i had wheels to get to work.

Looking for information about why there are no engines available. I can find lots of 2018 Eco-diesel available on the dealer lots, but no 2019?

So what is the rest of the story?

MarkT
Oregon City OR

OBTW > Until this engine blowup, it has been a great truck.

MarkT

Sep 26, 2018
Truck Year
Just got back from Dealer with positive news. There is an engine "on the way" out to Oregon. When it actually gets here in a couple of weeks, and the dealer start swapping out engines, then I will do the happy dance. Still quoting the end of October before i will be able to drive it.

burwellflagin

Feb 14, 2022
Truck Year
I have the same problem. Engine blown out pf warranty and they cant get any, even from companies like jasper. They cannot tell me when the engine will be delivered. Currently - there are over 600 on order at dealerships - etc throughout the US, and no delivery date is available.