• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel failure.

Averagejoe2.0

Jun 2, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I bought my 2018 1500 big horn with ecodiesel about 4 months ago. I really love the truck and the mileage has been great. I drive a lot for work so I've put 9600 miles on in that time. 3 days ago my engine broke down sounding like I had thrown a rod. Dealer found lots of metal in the oil pan and is replacing the whole motor. I really feel the motor should have lasted longer and am worried about when my warranty runs out. Anyone hear about Chrysler offering a rebate or buyback? Obviously, I am no longer so happy with my purchase.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Another 2018 That 5 years of Failures. This power plant Made in Italy is going to destroy FCA 1/2 Diesel market. Any reasonable person Now knows WHY NO 2019 Ram 1/2 ton Diesel.

FCA will fight Ya on buyback.

Its common knowledge the 3.0 has extremely high failure rate for the past 4 years, also in DD use problematic

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome, unfortunately this is a common issue. Have a read around the forums.. plenty of others around here.. but we have good stories as well!

Make yourself at home!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Another 2018 That 5 years of Failures. This power plant Made in Italy is going to destroy FCA 1/2 Diesel market. Any reasonable person Now knows WHY NO 2019 Ram 1/2 ton Diesel.

FCA will fight Ya on buyback.

Its common knowledge the 3.0 has extremely high failure rate for the past 4 years, also in DD use problematic
You could understand them having troubles with the 2014 / 2015 years. But continuing with the same cause of failures in '16, '17 and '18 is just inexplicable.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
It will take a few people getting killed with these eco diesels blowing up on the high ways at speed before fmc recognizes their problem I just hope it is not me file a complaint with nhtsa or transport Canada to get results

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I've been critical of the 3.0 .
All in all Loyal to FCA products, but this 3.0 has me questioning My loyalty.

Averagejoe2.0

Jun 2, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm thinking I better trade it in before the warranty is up. Guess I will get the Cummings and lose MPG. Atleastbu wont be worried every day that my motor will blow up.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
I like the Ram, Jeep and Dodge products but in the long term I think the Fiat ownership will not do them any good. I am not certain the "merger of equals" with French government owned Renault does them any good either. Something tells me Renault ends up being the boss of it all.

Averagejoe2.0

Jun 2, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Updated on my truck. Service dept found transmission faulty as well. Wont have replacement for another week. We have decided to get far away from this truck. So far dealer is trying to make us eat negative equity, 12,0000 worth. That's when they return calls at all. Worst of all FCA says they can do nothing. It's on the dealer who sold it. Obviously we are a little put off. By that I mean were pissed. Next step is attorney I guess. So much for standing by your product Chrysler.