• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Fears

cravenford

Aug 20, 2020
Truck Year
About 3,000 miles ago, I bought a 'left-over' 2019 Ram EcoDiesel from a dealership in North Carolina. This truck is replacing a 1994 Ram 2500 with Cummins engine (my 4th Ram/Cummins), but I was about to run out of money having the transmission rebuilt multiple times. Since buying the 2019, I've been really pleased with the truck, but at the same time, I've come across multiple 'horror stories' from owners who have had EcoDiesel engine failures, and a lot of evidence that the engine oil overheating is the culprit. I wondered if the addition of a large engine oil cooler would be a good step for longevity of the engine. My truck only has ~3,000 miles on it, so I'd rather address this issue sooner than later. If this is a good idea, are there any good recommendations on what specific cooler to add. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I have only heard of a couple people adding an oil cooler although some might say during towing duty heat is a problem.
Most here would agree that the EGR system is the weak link and needs to be deleted through a tune or a full delete.
Both are talked about extensively on this site!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Keep your warranty, maintain it, and treat it like it's your kid. Not all are bad, but it does have a lot higher failure rate that other diesel trucks.