• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel longevity

John

Nov 13, 2015
I don't see what how many per week has much to do with anything, how many 1500 Rams with the Eco have be produced since 2014?, maybe 120000?, 7% failure on the total sold would be over 8000 engines, have 8000 trucks had engine replacement?, I don't think so
How about when FCA says average 215 per month failure rate?

Swgunn

Jan 15, 2019
Truck Year
I don't understand why mine ran perfectly 59000 MI. And then caught on fire I have extended warranty and FCA says fires happen that I should understand well I don't. Why should my insurance have to pay.

Chaindawgg

Jun 9, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
My dealer noted that many failures are coming from improper oil changes. These things cant go thru a quick lube. My local dealer will let the oil drain for 30 minutes and then another 30 minutes once filled to ensure the pan is full before starting the vehicle. I am doing the changes myself to ensure this practice is maintained to minimize any issues.

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
10.75 quarts of low cost dino oil won't do the engine a whole lot of good. But as TC Diesel will tell you, if not any other engine builder, that may cause excess engine wear but not main bearing failure. There is a significant fault in the assembly of some 7 to 9% of eco engines. It is my own theory that soot in the oil from the EGR, cheap dino oil, and oil dilution from fuel in the oil can cause borderline engines to fail more quickly. Lots of failures happen to people who use good oil, good filters, change oil every 8k miles and baby their trucks.

Seriously. Main bearing failure in a modern engine under 300k miles? It's really unheard of except in the VM Motori 3.0 engine.