• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel programmers?

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed

AzRamDiesel

Jan 2, 2014
$2000 - No thank you!

I see that PPEI (big diesel tuner for Duramax trucks) has his own EcoDiesel tuning coming out very soon! Can't wait!!

David Reighn

Oct 21, 2014
Truck Year
Try Bluespark Automotive

I bought this with Boost Control out of England, it is a post computer add on that changes the signals coming out of the computer vs changing of the programming in your OEM computer. I'm quite happy with the product, it was difficult to install because the connectors are all in one small location on the back of the engine slightly left of center as viewed from the front bumper toward the windshield. The boost control has reduced the turbo lag and the overall performance of the vehicle. Fuel mileage around town is still 22-23 MPG.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Try Bluespark Automotive

I bought this with Boost Control out of England, it is a post computer add on that changes the signals coming out of the computer vs changing of the programming in your OEM computer. I'm quite happy with the product, it was difficult to install because the connectors are all in one small location on the back of the engine slightly left of center as viewed from the front bumper toward the windshield. The boost control has reduced the turbo lag and the overall performance of the vehicle. Fuel mileage around town is still 22-23 MPG.

What was the increase from stock? I've always been skeptical of those kind of boxes but looking forward to how you like it over time.

David Reighn

Oct 21, 2014
Truck Year
What was the increase from stock? I've always been skeptical of those kind of boxes but looking forward to how you like it over time.
I haven't got any figures other than MPG, I currently have set the box in the mid range which is primarily the torque increase mode, this mode still gives me 22 to 23 MPG around town. I have been out for any highway long runs yet, however, I made a 16 mile run with few stops and achieved 33 mpg. I'm eventually going to try the horsepower mode capable of pushing up to about 305Hp soon. I will post results when complete.

CJnOC

Sep 16, 2014
Truck Year
Wow, you got Cojones! 20 years ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about modifying an engine. Now-a-days, if I do something wrong the expense is too big for me to recover from, considering college tuition, kids weddings, retirement, etc.!

David Reighn

Oct 21, 2014
Truck Year
There is no mechanical change to the engine, really it changes fuel to air ratios of the injection system and regulates the turbo charger boost. If the technology of the tuner was not correct then these tuner manufacturers such as Super Chips, Blue Spark Automotive and many others would be out of business.

David Reighn

Oct 21, 2014
Truck Year
I've read various claims by the tuner manufacturers that warranty is not effected. Some owners simply remove them when their vehicle when the bring it in for service of repair.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
Try Bluespark Automotive

So you've had this tuner for a little bit. How do you like it? How's the power increase? Would you recommend?