• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

EcoDiesel Rattle Problem? Check your Dash!

ecodiesel1

May 28, 2015
Truck Year
Long story short, I noticed a rattle in the front of my truck. After crawling under it and double checking all bolts and fastners I couldn't find anything out of the ordinary. Took the truck to the dealer (that's what the warranty is for now) and they found the rattle in the dash.

Just a FYI if you can find it like myself.

Ramconvert

May 25, 2015
Truck Year
My 2014 had a dash rattle after about a thousand miles. It turned out to be bessel around the radio. They ordered a new one and replaced it two weeks later. Then it was fine for another thousand miles but developed another rattle. That one turned out to be the rotary shifter. Replaced and all was silent again!

My 2015 has started to develop a rattle also. If I hold my fingers on the radio Bessel it stops, so I've found the source. Again. Next time I'm near my dealer I'm going to stop in and so them to order me a new one.

Not sure why this keeps happening? At least it's an easy fix!

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I have a squeak and rattle in the right side of my dash when I hit bumps such as crossing RR tracks. Anyone out there having this similar issue ? I will check the items already listed in this thread.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I have noticed my brake pedal rattles anytime I hit sudden bumps or am on a washboard gravel road....the damn thing just bounces around down there making all kinds of noise. It's like the return spring is junk if it even has a spring.

Dec 14, 2015
Truck Year
I have a squeak and rattle in the right side of my dash when I hit bumps such as crossing RR tracks. Anyone out there having this similar issue ? I will check the items already listed in this thread.
The service tech at Kuntz Motors In Mahaffey Pa. found a bracket under the hood that was making noise where it meets the fender. A new bracket was installed wnder warrenty. The rattle and squeak is gone! HOOORAAAY!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
The service tech at Kuntz Motors In Mahaffey Pa. found a bracket under the hood that was making noise where it meets the fender. A new bracket was installed wnder warrenty. The rattle and squeak is gone! HOOORAAAY!
Things like that are tough to find. Glad to hear it was taken care of.