• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel transmission problems

Baddog

Sep 26, 2017
Truck Year
New member here, hello all. I have a 2016 Laramie with 9500 miles and have had the transmission flashed twice but am still having problems. It started as I was going up hill and trans down shifted but then started searching for gears, tac going from 1500 to over 3000 and back and forth losing power as it did this. Then after first flash, when I would crest a hill trans would start searching and same type of thing so back to dealer and flashed. Then two days ago going down hill trans down shifted and truck started to accelerate on its own. Is going back to dealer again. Just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
New member here, hello all. I have a 2016 Laramie with 9500 miles and have had the transmission flashed twice but am still having problems. It started as I was going up hill and trans down shifted but then started searching for gears, tac going from 1500 to over 3000 and back and forth losing power as it did this. Then after first flash, when I would crest a hill trans would start searching and same type of thing so back to dealer and flashed. Then two days ago going down hill trans down shifted and truck started to accelerate on its own. Is going back to dealer again. Just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this.

Welcome! We've not had many threads here regarding trans issues.. maybe someone else can pop in with more knowledge.

Brokedownbutgood

Apr 17, 2016
Truck Year
First time diesel owner? The truck well down shift to attempt and control its speed while going downhill. But a diesel engine without compression or exhaust braking well do little to hold itself back. There is aftermarket ecm tunes that close the vanes is the turbo to create back pressure thus makes it hold back. Basically it doesn’t sound like a transmission issue to me but rather a dealership not informing customers of normal operation.