• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel tuner

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Thats going to be a debatable thing.. Also depends on whats available to you. Are you in the states? I may be wrong but the most popular tune left in the states now that green diesel is gone seems to be sofatune.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
SFT and GDE

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
So 3 replies and 3 different answers.. most are going to answer with whatever they bought themselves. Im fairly certian my truck came with a GDE tune and I have no complaints.. computer tells me I get 34mpg on highway but thats yet to be confirmed. I also have full delete and banks intake so no swirl valves.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
So 3 replies and 3 different answers.. most are going to answer with whatever they bought themselves.

Yep, and I would recommend calling each tuner and asking some questions and go with one that makes you the most comfortable.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
The best tune IMO is the latest from the Dealer, my 17 has never run so well, these after market tunes are just something for sale, I had a sft what a waist of money

dfrerichs

Sep 22, 2021
Truck Year
I just installed a GDE tune yesterday on my new to me 2015 Ram and it's night and day better than factory on performance. Like a totaly different truck. No throttle lag, better gear shifting. Feels like more torque and HP.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
The best tune IMO is the latest from the Dealer, my 17 has never run so well, these after market tunes are just something for sale, I had a sft what a waist of money
This is a joke right? have you seen the threads full of folks complaining that after the latest epa tune their truck can no longer get out of its own way at intersections? the performance was so bad may traded the trucks in or too the settlement money and paid to have them retuned and or deleted to try to get performance back.

h60turbo

Oct 26, 2021
Truck Year
Thats going to be a debatable thing.. Also depends on whats available to you. Are you in the states? I may be wrong but the most popular tune left in the states now that green diesel is gone seems to be sofatune.
GDE is gone?

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
This is a joke right? have you seen the threads full of folks complaining that after the latest epa tune their truck can no longer get out of its own way at intersections? the performance was so bad may traded the trucks in or too the settlement money and paid to have them retuned and or deleted to try to get performance back.
You are reading old posts, the latest recall is the W91, it fixes all what your talking about

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
You are reading old posts, the latest recall is the W91, it fixes all what your talking about
I must have missed the thread where this was disclosed because I see pretty recent threads of people looking to get thier truck tuned because of dealerships performing an update... in fact I just read one a week ago where I guy was pissed his wife let them do the update while the truck was getting an oil change and now his trucks a dog.

biodiesel

Nov 24, 2020
Truck Year
I think the GDE EPA Compliant Tune is the best tuner on the market for reliability, legality, and overall performance.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
When they do the EGR replacement they flash it with the new one, my 17 has never run so well
What I read is that some 2017 & 2018 models require this update due to conditionally approved ECM programming. I just checked and my truck is not listed for W91, just VB1 for the EGR cooler.

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
VB1 is the recall as the it is listed with the EPA, the W91 is what is listed for the flash, you get your VB1 done you get the new flash it will be listed on the invoice